Roblox Crashes randomly while playing a game

My Roblox app crashes when playing any game. I have nothing connected that would interact with Roblox yet it randomly crashes.

I have looked around the Developer Forum for this issue and found one from a while ago saying the Oculus/Meta app causes problems. I have stopped the oculus process, but Roblox still crashes. I would like to keep the app installed if that is possible as I use the Oculus app quite often. I do not think it is Oculus crashing though as the error in Event Viewer is different to the one seen when Oculus causes Roblox to crash.

The error I get in Event Viewer is:
Faulting application name: RobloxPlayerBeta.exe, version: 0.616.2.277, time stamp: 0x0c13b691
Faulting module name: RobloxPlayerBeta.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0xce6a1234

I have Windows 11 if that helps.
Any ideas on how to fix this?

9 Likes

Just hold on and a roblox employee will review this post and then it should be fixed/

5 Likes

This is still not fixed. Roblox is still crashing randomly and gives no error.

2 Likes

This exact same thing has been happening to me. My Roblox still also crashes, but I can give you some things that may work. First, try completely uninstalling Roblox, including the folder in AppData. If that doesn’t work, try making Roblox run as administrator on your computer, and setting it to the highest priority on Task Manager. These are some things that I’ve found related to crash issues, but none of them seemed to work for me either. You can try messaging the people behind the bug support team (Bug support - Developer Forum | Roblox) or you can apply to submit a bug report, and be able to post in the bug reports section (Bug reporting - Developer Forum | Roblox). These are the things that I have tried, and I would suggest you try to do these, especially the ones involving contacting Roblox.

2 Likes

Also a very frequent problem here. It’s almost 100% caused by Oculus (ovrservice mysteriously starts when it shouldn’t, and then I crash) but whether it’s a problem on their end or with Roblox I’m really not sure. It never creates a crash dump, and the log files never mention anything.

Super frustrating since I’d rather not purge all Oculus software from my PC given I do use my headset a lot.

3 Likes

You have to fully delete oculus app for it to stop crashing, whenever you want to use VR you need to reinstall, and when you don’t use VR uninstall Oculus app.

Roblox plans to improve VR, but I doubt they will fix the crashing.