Roblox crashes upon pasting large amount of lines

Hello Developers,

Today, around 6:45 EST, I expirenced my roblox studio crashing when pasting lots of lines of code. I was pasting something around 104k lines long, which I do quite often, (this is for .OBJ rendering). I succesfully pasted the code in, and after it loaded I closed the script, and got the crash message. This was the first time this has happened.

.DMP Files

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/bug-report-dmp-files/813332

Repro

1. Find a large file and copy the code.
  2. Paste it into a script in studio and wait for it to load.
  3. Close out the script.
  4. Roblox will then crash.

Please let me know if any more information is needed. I am happy to provide it.

Thanks,
@FxllenCode

5 Likes

With the new release of Temporary Tabs, this is starting to occur more and more frequently. It’s starting to destroy my workflows. I not just request that this is looked into, but I also ask that something is done about this happening in Temporary Tabs. When it doesn’t crash, it freezes, which is fine, but when it freezes every time I select it, that is not fine. I’ve detailed it more below:

Could you send me a script which causes this crash?

1 Like

Hey, thanks for your response. Would adding you to team create be better? It is indeed 104k lines… If not I’ll send it as a .rbmx file.

Would prefer a .rbmx or a .rbxl please.

2 Likes

Sending you a DM. I’ll update this once it’s sent.

Also, I cannot access the dmp file in the original post. Are you certain it’s attached properly?

3 Likes

You should ask a coworker to add you to the Logs / crash dumps / other bug files - Developer Forum | Roblox group so you can view the message. It’s not safe to post dump and log files publicly because they can contain sensitive information.

8 Likes

Also, if this issue persists in the current version, please upload a new .dmp file. The one in the original post indicates a crash which was already fixed between October 9th and today. So, if this crash is still happening, it means there’s another bug somewhere else.

1 Like

Ah, that does make sense why they stopped. I’ll update this post, as the issue is more freezing than it is crashing at this point.

If you are freezing (i.e. window not responding), there are special instructions in the bug report guidelines for how to capture a program dump if you’re on Windows.

1 Like