Roblox crashes while using SteamVR for no reason

Hello!

I’ve recently started to have issues loading a Roblox game on SteamVR. I’ve never had this happen to me before in my life, but whenever I load up SteamVR and then select play to play a Roblox VR game for an example, it will load the game itself, though it only loads 1 frame and it just sits there for 10 seconds and then my computer just randomly gives up trying to load the game for no reason.

I’ve tried reinstalling Roblox, cleared the cache, reinstalled SteamVR, Oculus software and NONE of it is solving the issue, and I have no idea if this is an issue related to Roblox or not.

4 Likes

Hey,

I’ve had this issue for over 4 months already and I have contacted Roblox support but they provide no solution and useless troubleshooting. It most likely is a problem with the Roblox client I believe. I found out that when I uninstalled SteamVR, Roblox loads perfectly normal since I also had this problem with flatscreen games. Really been hoping that Roblox is releasing a new client update but it seems like I have to send a bug report.

3 Likes

Alright! I’ll go ahead and try this.

I just uninstalled and re installed it and it did NOT fix one issue. Roblox kept crashing as always.

2 Likes

Did you also try this with SteamVR completely uninstalled and then starting roblox afterwards?

Yup, start up does the same thing.

Hey, just wanted to let you know that Roblox fixed the issue for me with an update yesterday. Did it also fix it for you?

3 Likes

Yeah! As a matter of fact it only worked on my new PC but then like starting today, Roblox loaded faster and stuff and can support my VR again.

2 Likes