Roblox crashing anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours of playing

Recently, I’ve been trying to play roblox but it keeps crashing after about 30 minutes to 4 hours. I have tried to do things to fix it but nothing has seemed to work. When it crashes, it freezes for a few seconds before closing roblox completely with no error message. There doesn’t seem to be a pattern with the crashing like if I’m moving or not and how long. I haven’t been able to play roblox without crashes for about a month now. If someone could help me figure out why roblox has been crashing it would be greatly appreciated. (This issue doesn’t carry over to studio.)

2 Likes

IF you have the oculus app you will have to uninstall it. For 99% of players this fixed it. It is a dumb probably that should have been fixed ages ago but is still around

1 Like

If you play mobile, expect this to happen. If you play a lower end pc, expect this. Roblox can’t really do much about it if it’s your device that can’t handle Roblox games. However, if it is indeed Roblox, I can’t help out much.

1 Like

More information than “Roblox is crashing in this incredibly large time period” would be helpful in actually identifying a root cause. Platform and device specifics would go a long way.

I looked and saw something that said that. I tried it but it is still crashing. Also, this is an issue I’m having on only laptop as this hasn’t happened to me on mobile.

Again, some specs would be nice.

My laptop is Ryzen 7 3700U and I have 12 GB of ram total. I don’t look for specific computer specs so I don’t know what that means.

Monitor your computer with Task Manager, make sure nothing is peaking under “Preformance” (aside from WiFi or any HDD’s you might own, those don’t matter). That can lead to stability or crashes. My best guess is it might be a memory leak, which would make sense considering that the crashing only starts after some amount of uptime. But I can’t be 100% sure without any detailed information.

Try downloading and using Wise Memory Optimizer, and see if it helps anything.

1 Like