Roblox Crashing Randomly while Playing (along with frame freezes)

Thank you very much for your feedback. If it is okay with you, I’m going to close your ticket.

1 Like

Thanks, byc. Please let us know as soon as you run into any issues.

Sounds good! Thank you for your help

I am having the same issue starting today, roblox worked just fine yesterday…

Faulting application name: RobloxPlayerBeta.exe, version: 0.612.1.25686, time stamp: 0xdc05fc1f
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00007ff7e4219b28
Faulting process id: 0x0x9F8
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA61F567F03FE9
Faulting application path: C:\Users\miked\AppData\Local\Roblox\Versions\version-85c66b72a4fe4a74\RobloxPlayerBeta.exe

I will send a copy of the dump to @Bitdancer

You can debug using Visual Studio. Right-click Roblox Player in Task Manager and click Debug.

In this picture, there is an arrow pointing to ‘Debug (D)’. Click on it and you will see this Just-In-Time Debugger selection.
Clicking OK here will launch Visual Studio and start debugging.

I also use this method when Roblox crashes to see what exception was thrown.

For some reason Roblox is not creating any dumps, I have tried method 3 and 4 in this article: Hyperion related solutions - Development Discussion - Developer Forum | Roblox, both times there is no dump file present, can anyone point me in the right direction to get these?

1 Like

Ok, I’m seriously confused now, Roblox or RobloxPlayerBeta.exe does not even show in task manager when it is open, so I can’t try this method unfortunately. I’m going to try a few things to get it to work but that is kind of troubling that the program doesn’t even exist in task manager when it is running.

Ok I was able to get a dump file, I had just used the wrong syntax when doing the ProcDump method, I have sent it to @Bitdancer

Hello can you tell me how to use procdump i really dont understand it

Then, click on the arrow in this photo,

Find RobloxPlayerBeta.exe here and try using Just-In Time Debugging.

You download it from here: ProcDump - Sysinternals | Microsoft Learn, then you extract it to a folder on your computer (ex. C:\Users\miked\OneDrive\Downloads\Application Data\PC Applications\ProcDump), then open cmd by searching for it in the start menu and click ‘Run As Administrator’. First change to the directory where you extracted it like this: cd /d "C:\Users\miked\OneDrive\Downloads\Application Data\PC Applications\ProcDump", then create a new folder where you want your dumps to be stored (ex. C:\Users\miked\OneDrive\Downloads\Application Data\PC Applications\ProcDump\dumps), then type the following command to set ProcDump as your Just In Time Debugger: procdump -ma -i "C:\Users\miked\OneDrive\Downloads\Application Data\PC Applications\ProcDump\dumps". The reason it was failing for me before is I assumed that the current directory would take precedence, so I typed: procdump -ma -i dumps. Hope this helps!

I was able to find RobloxPlayerBeta.exe in the details section of task manager, although over several attempts to find the error, each time Roblox would either crash before I could attach Visual Studio, or when I was able to attach it successfully, it froze Roblox and no error was thrown. I also had the same window pop up multiple times telling me there was already a debugger attached to Roblox:

Thank you i couldn’t understand how to do it ill try later

I used to have the frame freezing but that seems to have cleared up with the latest updates.

Right now I’m also experiencing crashes at random and still have not been able to find out what it is or if it’s even Hyperion related to begin with.

Also been seeing ntdll.dll in my dumps but not sure if that’s even the cause of this.

Has someone done something with that file?

1 Like

I ended up factory resetting my PC and it seems to have fixed the issue, shame that it had to come to that in order to get Roblox to work, I spent about 8 hours re-setting everything up.

Hi Bit, thanks for that.

I’ve started experiencing the issue again today.

Are there any specific logs or dumps you want me to provide, that I haven’t already provided?

Hi byc,

Crash dumps are always the best option. If you have a fresh one, send it my way.

1 Like

Hi Bit, thanks for that.

I’ve sent you a PM with the crash dumps - https://devforum.roblox.com/t/re-roblox-crashing-randomly-while-playing-along-with-frame-freezes/2851070

Any issues please let me know.

I’m no longer getting the crashes.

What worked for me was:

1. Downloading the process explorer utility from sysinternals.
  2. Running it with elevated privileges and listing all processes and handles with unverified signatures.
  3. Disabled these services 1 by 1.

For me specifically, it seemed to be some Oculus related services. I disabled these and uninstalled the drivers for my quest 3, issue seems to have gone away.

It would be useful for the future if we had an easy way to determine what specific processes are causing Hyperion related crashes.

Hello byc,

Looking at your crash dump, the module LibOVRRT64_1.dll caused the issue, which indeed is related to Oculus.

3 Likes