Roblox Crashing Randomly while Playing (along with frame freezes)

I will randomly play a game (Bedwars this happens more often), and I will experience frame freezes twice in a row, and sometimes on the second frame freeze, Roblox will close with no warning provided. Took a while to diagnose this as Step 3 isn’t working properly, used Step 4. Please let me know if I can provide anything else.

Getting exception code 0xc0000005 and this is what’s from the Event viewer:
Faulting application name: RobloxPlayerBeta.exe, version: 0.600.1.36940, time stamp: 0xac38db14
Faulting module name: RobloxPlayerBeta.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x640893fa

Dump file sent in the separate secure message as given to me when filling out the forum. I have more available, please let me know.

PC Configuration:
Nvidia 4090 Graphics Card
128 GB DDR5 RAM
i9 13900K CPU
MSI MEG Z790 GODLIKE Motherboard
Ethernet Connection

A private message is associated with this bug report

19 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

6 Likes

Any updates on this? I’ve been having to play on the Windows Roblox version and it thinks I’m on mobile making all the competitive games I play feel like complete garbage as my mouse now goes out of the window view. I can’t play through the Roblox without crashing still. This is starting to feel ridiculous that Roblox can’t run on my specs without crashing. It doesn’t feel like there’s been any updates on this.

2 Likes

Hey. Checking in on this, I still get pretty consistent crashes, I can provide more dmp files if needed. I’m playing on the Windows Store version of Roblox, but it’s pretty bad. Whenever I hold right click it flings my mouse across the screen. I’d rather just be playing on the Roblox Player, but I can’t do so without having crashes again. This makes testing games, and playing them a major pain point for me. When I have to test PC, I need the Roblox player – as the Windows Store version thinks I’m on mobile. Please, any reply would be helpful. Otherwise, I will need to start submitting more reports to other staff to see if I can get this elevated. It’s starting to effect my workflow, which in turn, effects my income and that’s unacceptable.

2 Likes

Following up on this. The Windows Store app is now crashing as well.

1 Like

Adding on to my findings; I factory reset my PC to see if that was the issue. I found that when I have high network receive in Roblox it lags terribly, see the attached screenshot. This is just when I press ESC twice (open/close) the Roblox menu

1 Like

Hey man, I am also having the same issue, literally the exact same exception code that is 0xc0000005.

I have DM’ed the Bugs Reports team and @Bitdancer about this issue but I have yet to receive a response from them. Roblox customer support also isn’t giving the best solutions to me. But you said you factory resetted your PC, did that work?

You shouldn’t publicly post your DMP files EVER.

Just from your file, I can see your .ROBLOSECURITY token, what game you were playing (BedWars), all of your environment variables (you use aftman), your software (you have a Oculus headset), your potential IRL first name and more.

You should consider removing the dmp link from your report immediately.

4 Likes

yeah, there is a lot of information about stuff on his pc as well. remove it

1 Like

Edited the post. They need a disclaimer on these things when asking for this type of info. Thanks!

1 Like

Were you able to find a solution to this? I am trying to troubleshoot while I wait for a response from support

1 Like

Yeah, I get the same problem. For somewhat reasons, when I use my old PC, it works fine. Other games I’ve played on such as Elden Ring, Minecraft, and other games, and as expected, they were responsive and doesn’t crash.

The problem might be network, or simply having good specs that ROBLOX cannot operate on. I don’t really know what else causes ROBLOX to crash.

This is still happening, every game and studio runs at unplayabe frame rates. Did anyone find the solution to this?

1 Like

Faulting application name: RobloxPlayerBeta.exe, version: 0.610.0.5624, time stamp: 0xf6d7c7b2
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.3636, time stamp: 0x9b64aa6f
Exception code: 0x80000004
Fault offset: 0x00000000000177fe
Faulting process id: 0x3e4
Faulting application start time: 0x01da55b24bb19d43
Faulting application path: C:\Users(my user)\AppData\Local\Bloxstrap\Versions\version-17f2f3d7fcfc48f5\RobloxPlayerBeta.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: feb07357-d5f6-44c1-b7d3-556b982ca66d
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

this is the error i get from event viewer
can i get some help? this ntdll.dll is a system file and idk what to do
is my best bet to really just reset my entire pc?
i can provide .dmp and other files if needed just let me know

i sometimes get lucky and my roblox launches after getting the “you have a 3rd party program/extension” when i try to launch it again but i only get that on random

this crash has been with me ever since the start of hyperion and i just cant launch roblox properly and had reset my pc multiples times, upgraded, downgraded, cleared cache, removed extensions, remove thumbnails, reinstall roblox, etc. all the methods that people have tried that worked for them
I don’t have any programs that can interfere from what I know, i have closed every program and roblox still doesn’t work, i don’t have any vr, or steering wheel equipment that can interfere with roblox.

1 Like

Hello Olicai,

I have sent you a DM, and I am hopeful that we can close this issue soon.

1 Like

I’ve been experiencing what appears to be the same issue for the past 2-3 weeks.

Roblox will occasionally freeze for a couple of frames and then immediately close without any popup errors, or close immediately without freezing.

It is impossible to generate a dump during this time, and it seems no crash dump is generated automatically. Log file from session sent here: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/httpsdevforumrobloxcomtroblox-crashing-randomly-while-playing-along-with-frame-freezes2664378-log/2837213. This specific session was on this game, however the issue occurs on other games too.

I’m also getting the same event log entries that @panelxo is getting with ntdll, and RobloxPlayerBeta.dll from the OP, however sometimes the faulting module is documented as “unknown”.

I’ve completely re-installed roblox and the issue is still occurring.

2 Likes

Hey, I got the same Problem here but with a different Faulting module name.

Faulting application name: RobloxPlayerBeta.exe
version: 0.611.0.15584

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll
Version: 10.0.22621.3085

1 Like

Hello byc,

We diagnosed a freezing issue on Monday and were able to fix it via configuration changes on our side. Could you please let us know if the issue you are facing is still occurring?

Thanks

1 Like

Hey Bit,

I am no longer experiencing crashes. I factory reset my PC, and it looks to be running well!

1 Like

Hey Bit, thanks for the quick reply.

I’ve given it a test and so far so good!

I’ll monitor over a few days and follow up if there’s any further crashes/freezes.

1 Like