Roblox crashing with no error message

So about a month ago my Roblox started getting random freezing and crashes.
Roblox support just gave up on my ticket and I have checked everywhere for fixes. YouTube, Reddit, etc.
No one has a solution. That’s why I’m asking here now.
I get more freezing and even constant crashing in bigger games like Jailbreak and Build Island.
Used performance stats and found out it was the CPU. image
I get no crashes and freezing in other games that are more demanding than Roblox.

I have tired:
Reinstalling
Clearing cache (temp files)
Checking my connection (700 mbit/s)
Getting latest drivers for GPU, GPU, etc.
Running memory diagnostics
Turning down graphics
Reinstalling Windows

My CPU, RAM, and GPU are not even at 60% when playing.
Specs:
CPU - i5-9300H (mobile, max boost 4.1 GHz, stays idle at around 3,8 GHz because of performance)
RAM - 32 GB (2667 MHz)
iGPU - UHD Graphics 630 (disabled)
GPU - RTX 2060 (mobile)

Thank you to anyone that can help!
edit: Bigger games have more parts than small games and it usually spikes when it loads new assets so it might be something related to loading in parts?

9 Likes

also please tell me if you need more information so i can give it

2 Likes

This might be an issue with the Hyperion anticheat, unless you were experiencing this before Hyperion?

4 Likes

Hello Blast,

Please feel free to forward me the crash dump in a DM.

2 Likes

Okay.
Where do I find the crash dump file exactly?
I can’t find it anywhere in local appdata…

1 Like

When it updated to 64 bit I could not play at all using the Roblox Player. Only the app worked.
They fixed it after a few weeks tho.
Same kind of issue came back now tho, the random freezing and crashing.
But no, I have not have any issues like this before 64/Hyperion.

1 Like

Sorry for literally flooding the comments but after the latest update yesterday (when writing this)
The crashing and freezing decreased for some reason. I still have the crashing and freezing there is just less of it. I have not done any changes to my system before or after the update.

1 Like

Hello again
I’m wondering where the crash dump file is, so i can give you it.

Hello Blast,

This post (Strategy Three) describes how to create a full crash dump and the location of it. Generally speaking, crash dumps are easy to find because they end with the extension .dmp.

2 Likes

Update on the stuff. So I factory reset my pc and the crashing is gone. I still have freezing, Roblox staff said it was firewall issues (stuff being blocked) that was causing it. I’m still waiting for them to help me resolve it but that is where I’m at currently.

So for me it seems like it’s a problem with firewall. Not yet resolved.

( Bitdancer is helping me)

1 Like

Okay so since it seems to be a firewall issue - only Roblox is freezing like this and there is no high usage of anything. I need help with fixing the firewall. Resetting it does not fix anything so I need to add the ports and domains like in this post it seems like. https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005744663
I don’t know where to find the ports and how to add them so I would highly appreciate is someone knows.

Still waiting for someone to help me check if I have the firewall done correctly. If not, how to set up the ports.

My current alternative fix is to use the Microsoft Store app. It works but it has worse performance.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.