Roblox Data Sharing Choices

Today’s the day Roblox announced they would start selling, sharing and processing personal data for advertising.

In the message, they mention the settings page having one or more settings related to this. I don’t know if this is just a regional thing (I’m from the USA), but I can’t find a single setting related to data sharing. Does anyone outside the US have available options for data sharing? Also, what’s your opinion on this whole change?

Also, if I need to recategorize this, please let me know.

3 Likes

This change is not a good change whatsoever. Roblox selling your data and not giving you an option to change this? That’s a lawsuit waiting to happen, especially if you live in the EU.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Bro I’m done with every single corporation trying to harvest and sell every bit of info they can. Congress throws a tantrum over TikTok over data sharing, but completely ignore the hundreds upon thousands of US companies doing the same thing. The US could really use its own GDPR bill.

4 Likes

The United States government really does enable these corporations to do whatever they want.

Even if the data being shared isn’t that dangerous, I still don’t like the idea of it being used to advertise to me very much.

Most of my frustration with this comes from the fact that they said there would be options and the options just not being there.

It’s under the privacy section. You might not have access to view it yet. Mine was disabled by default, so it might not even be 100% implemented yet.

5 Likes

This is true; states like California have their own version of GDPR since there isn’t one at the federal level

However, with the current political climate, it’s highly likely something like this won’t materialize for another few years

thanks

guys its real!!! just like the one piece!!! the one piece is real!!!

they added it for me

Update:

They will now begin the practice on August 21. I still don’t have the option, but I’ll probably get it soon enough. Thanks, everyone!

2 Likes

Screenshot_2024-08-17_170501
I think dangerous. People’ follow you

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.