Roblox Developer Challenge 2024

And I be discalified by filling in the frong persons

1 Like

oh great, another botched developer challenge. why do i even bother

1 Like

@Gu4rana do us all a favor and just end this farce. it’s worthless like this to keep it up.
over 90% of us are not going to win anyways, so dont give false hope to people by keeping the botted vote up

1 Like

reposted i think i misclicked the delete button

hey, im lead of the team behind untitled farming game, which as of 3PM CST on the 10th is currently winning the vote. theres some stuff i thought might be worth mentioning about our submission and this category.

untitled farming game, (which ill be referring to as UFG from now on), does not have any botted votes. we asked people to vote for the game through server pings and other developer friends, which you can see is allowed:

alongside many other games in this list, we decided to share the game’s link in hopes to get more players to play and vote for UFG, which has so far been going great, and the response to the game with more players has been amazing, and our team is planning on turning it into a full project.

i am, however, pretty disappointed with the inclusion of the People’s Choice category this year for the developer challenge. it’s amazing that we’ve been able to get this kind of a response for UFG, and we are all incredibly thankful, but i do realize the position we are in. i talk about this a bit more in a post on X.

there have been so many incredible projects submitted for this years challenge, and i wish everybody luck on each and every category presented this year. thank you for reading

2 Likes

Congrats on the instant win by a landslide, now we can watch it go to 1000 in like 3 days (or even less)

3 Likes

A story game inspired by STRANGER THINGS about government coverups and entiring dimensions out of this world however to manage your way through these dimensions you must use some unexpected methods…

2 Likes

average developer challenge experience

congratulations on winning people’s choice with 300 votes and 6 days left to spare :face_with_hand_over_mouth: i’m sure this represents what the people chose perfectly

why even have a people’s choice if the people voting go into it with a preconceived notion of what they want to vote for? it’s produced disgustingly skewed results and i don’t think anyone is or is going to be content with it

5 Likes

Here is our game!

roblox.com/games/16126639358/Sword-Chaos
Every round, there are 3 random unexpected twists!

If you enjoyed, feel free to like!

3 Likes

I may not deserve to win the choice voting but these two games do.

8 Likes

reminder that this is all just for a thousand bucks, which could be used on an actual small developer.
instead we get people having a petty fit about pocket change (considering they have the following to actually have an earning game)

2 Likes

Oh and blaming the category itself after doing this just makes you a hyppocrite, if you advertised your vote link to communities with thousands of members with the status you have you knew what you were doing

1 Like

I think this will describe situation at best:

Nobody exept some community cares about this situation.

Does someone expected people voting to be fair?
2 Likes

Reposting this “advertisiment”, so I’ll at lest get some attention to my game. It’s more important to me than win.

Gnome rules!

During given 2 days, @GamEditoPro got inspired and did not simple at all game where all you need is simply hardly win. Only you can move on the map, only you can win. But what considered as YOU? Game will tell, that you is ANYTHING! Just match some words together and get full control over any objects you want! You can be gnome, box, wall, or even w a t e r!
But, how to win? It’s not easy task at all! You need get to the object which has sparkles. And it will be good, if you won’t be defeated, drown, melted or turned into anything that’s not you. Yes-yes, you can win only if you are alive, if this applies to you. (It will)

Game will offer you firstly easy tasks, like pushing objects, but there’s trick: RuLeS aRe AlWaYs ChAnGe! You push crate, and then you push lava! Anything possible!

But, I don’t want to spoiler entire 5 levels, try it yourself, and find your own way to win the game!

And seriously, be carefull with YOU, it may ruin your entire level. Same for WIN. Good luck, guy!

(One of the levels, hard one)

It's your choice to give me your vote, but >>>what's point<<< of community choice votes now if most people have no big advertising possiblities?

6 Likes

By the way, no one is blaming you, we’re just disappointed (as you are) that this was a category in the first place. In some ways, it’s kind of good you’ve done what you’ve done to raise awareness of how unfair this category is.

Edit: Furthermore, the $1000 prize per teammate for this category is also incredibly controversial in this topic as the $1000 won’t go to some small developer, but instead to someone with a large following on other platforms who is probably more well off than the rest of us.

7 Likes
advertising again cus I hope we get a huge amount of players since we disqualified

The game is not fully completed and the story not that’s good but if we get enough likes we probably make it into a full game a worthfull item be stolen in the Mall of Asia you need to chase the Rober but on your way Unexpected things will be happening you travel trough diverent country’s

We probably will add valeuta with what you need to buy things what you earn trough the story and you can buy extra things if you travel it automatically converted to the valeuta of that country

We disqualified from this game jam cuz we acadently added frong non forum/helped members we appreciate it if you play us hard work and like

Previous game jam we made this game now playable for group members only soon only for testers bevat testers Tell us on the group wall for a change we hope to fully release the game this summer

2 Likes

It’s not about the money or the winning but it’s about the fun we had doing it.

6 Likes

Had fun with my team developing this 2 player puzzle with wire mechanics.
Played quite a few other entries and the competition is fierce, everyone put in so much work and you can tell.
Good job and good luck everyone!

3 Likes

I wish the voting would just end early since it pretty much is already decided who won it since no one else here really has even close to the reach to rival place 1 ( place 1 has 320 and 2 has 135 ) so waiting longer wont change anything… unless the time between is also used for the other things.

Honestly was just a disappointing category :confused:

6 Likes

As always: intentions are good, implementation bad.

2 Likes

Hello @Gu4rana,
I have submitted an experience my team made, “Galo” (Galo - Roblox). Unfortunately, I can’t seem to find it in the list for People’s Choice Category. Has it been disqualified for any particular reason?
Additionally, on the day of submission, I have posted a link to our game as a reply to this thread (Roblox Developer Challenge 2024 - #758 by typon1). The survey was submitted within the stated time frame and the experience was not updated after the deadline.
Please elaborate on this situation. Thank you.

2 Likes