Roblox Developer Challenge 2024

I think it should be noted one of the entries is CHEATING by bribing people in their Discord server to vote for them, they had around 100 votes before doing this, and now they are at 450+ votes. Basically, they are bribing people with a 2.5k Robux giveaway so that they vote for them:

They seriously need to be disqualified for this. (even one of their Discord devs/mods called them out for it)

12 Likes

I made a post with in #development-discussion as well if you wanna continue talking about this.

3 Likes

Man at this point im not even sure anymore if any of the top ranks are where they are on a fair way, this vote is completely flawed to the core and its really impossible to know who even deserves the prize anymore

Be it someone with a ton of followers on multiple platforms, someone waving around cash for votes or just a legit player… we cant check everything

2 Likes

Agreed.
There’s possiblities that other games will follow this “trend” to get votes…

In my opinion, people’s choice category should be cancelled, until judges will get with better implementation and rules idea…

Why they not pinned that category like banner on “Latest” category? This will allow more people to see it, and vote… But still, voting is rigged now, and has no further purpoice.

Came here to post this here so others are also aware of another game rigging the vote via cash prize

Important update to this Situation: They took it down and talked a bit more about it so no big issue
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/roblox-game-contest-2024-vote-rigging/2838070/22

3 Likes

I would like to add that it seems like ALL people on the top have some popular group,discord,twitter, smth diff or all of them

Some are devs in a popular game, some have a account that translates official tweets by roblox and others have a popular vtuber on their team

i dont intend to shoot against individuals nor am i mad at them for it (unless you actively rig it in the worst way) but just wanna show that this is just proof that we all never had a chance to begin with

Oh and i would like to apologize to the current previous (it seems like the people who did a giveaway connected to the vote (Achievement train) are currently place 1 (undeserved) ) first place for saying only they had their rank cause of popularity since thats not true as it seems

It doesnt mean everyone on the top did it tho and doesnt mean that you’re instantly a bad person cause you shared your link on your discord server or somewhere else like others

All in all its just a big mess this year

3 Likes

Reposting this at third time. I don’t see purpoice to do this exept wanting to get real people’s attention with it and true feedback…

Gnome rules!

Yes, I’ll change this text aswell.

Gnome rules - is a game about something important. It’s about RULES.
A lot of times you do or not do some things, because some rule said you that you should do something, or not do it.

This game shows power of rules - they can help you win game, or move it to dead end. Everything is possible if there’s rule for it.

With “People choice” category, you can see what occurs, if there not good enough rules declared. Game may show you the same.

I won’t keep voting link now. No purpoice for it. Just play game: Gnome rules

(One of the levels, hard one)

I used to type there something related to voting. What I will type now?

N O T H I N G

Like this post if “People’s Choice” should be cancelled this year.

12 Likes

Not cancelled, but rather changed and adjusted to make it actually fair. For example, someone had an idea of allowing only devforum users to vote for the games. After all, I think that the community should decide which way the contest should be hosted. It’s importnat to make the challenge’s experience more enjoyable for everyone

2 Likes

I present to you all: person number 3 trying to rig it via giveaway

This is just sad at this point

7 Likes

Then, my ideas are (some may be unrealistic):

1. Separate site, on which all games will have screen of game itself. Or repaint game sumbnail to any blank color, like pink, red, yellow. - will make it more fair to people who not made thumbnails bc this will catch some eyes.
  2. Games will be placed in 5 width Y height grid, all equal size.
  3. Every 5-10 minutes all games positions reshuffle to show all games and not just first 30.
  4. Like amount is NOT visible to anyone besides judges and voter himself.
  5. Join random game button.
  6. Link to that site will be pinned on devforum.
  7. Only devforum people should be able to vote.
  8. Dev forum accounts should be at least 2 weeks old.

That’s all ideas I have for now.

2 Likes

guys i will be giving away FIVE (5) robux to people who like the game Penthouse :+1:

3 Likes

I like your game, you give me 5 robux, I dislike your game. Okay?

2 Likes

I really am not shocked. This system is awful.

I didn’t want to say anything but I knew people would try rigging it.

Shame on the developer for doing this scummy act.

5 Likes

Didn’t expect a veteran DevForum member to do it as well

No offense but at least give others a chance. Yes I’ve won in one of these game jams before (Connect 2022, 4-25th place) but it’s unfair when people are using their giant audiences to basically guarantee victory.

I think I’ve posted my game on my Firefish and Matrix space and we’re probably only sitting around 10 votes (haven’t checked lately because I’ve lost all hope personally).

No offense to anyone at Roblox, but I think things need to change when you’re gearing these challenges towards beginners. That was pretty clear with the videos that were put out. We’ve also seen this with previous game jams too. Anyone no matter how long or how little they’ve been developing can enter and it’s just not fair to those beginners if a popular developer can just promise a giveaway and use their influence to get votes.

If anyone would like to vote for us (even though there’s not much point):

4 Likes

funny

4 Likes

People’s choice also seems to make finding out the winners take even longer…

2 Likes

OK Everyone…

I’ve played EVERY game submitted, and these are the ones I personally love/see great potential in and have voted for.
If you want to check out good submitted games, this is probably the best way to do so. but these are my opinions

I left notes while playing for fun. If your game doesn’t have a note, it’s not any kinda statement. I was extremely tired, as you can imagine. Only the most notable things were noted. If your game isn’t listed, it might have been a mistake, bug, or I personally didn’t like the game genre. This is my opinion.

:point_down:

Game list bc it's long

The Alley 9
2 years 7 months
Working Days
Total Mass Retain
Union Testing Laboratory
Ghost Rush
Hero to Zero
Re-Memory
Dark Path…
Vanguardian
RED LIGHT: the music and atmosphere is so good
Late Night Hunger: yummy human
Midnight Strikes: fnaf!!!
:point_right: DEAR BODI: beautiful visuals, beautiful music, saddening story. Easy 10
GameJam 2024: funny story
Game [W.I.P]
Silent Home
Disaster Delivery
UNHANDLED ERROR
[ RGB ]
Demon Hunting Hobo
The Lab: Mr. Beast ending
Greasy’s Diner: “order up”
Quantum Catastrophe
The Tale of Tim
Mindscape
Dev Challenge 24: too generic of a name like what
Rice
Jaw’s Revenge.: silly
Persplexive!
48 hours
A Wizard Tale
The WAR of Sendwich
Tempest: beautiful bossfight. Why am I doing like no damage tho
Creator’s Insanity
Lucidity
ON THE CLOCK: bonks intensify, I don’t know how this kept me playing so long gj
Voidbound
Total Chaos
The Ultimate Sandwich Quest
Kat’s Cafe
Drive to Work: Very silly driving game
Journey Jitters (My Team’s Game): PLUH :speaking_head:

Please let me know your opinions on this list, and if I mis-named any of the links or anything like that. There’s a lot of them.

Meta Notes

Just because winners are kinda already determined (not literally), I figured I’d post this now. I wanted to make sure all the good games were revealed, because some of these only had 3-10 likes
This took the whole weekend and several hours of this week, but I wanted to see what hidden gems I could find, and to be completely fair to all games. Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things.

Thanks for reading :bleh:

18 Likes

thank you so much for your input :face_holding_back_tears:

3 Likes

Your effort of going through every single game is insane and so appreciable. That’s one crazy task. Thanks for listing our game Lucidity!

3 Likes