I recently made on a module that can show a Roblox DevForum thread in Roblox. This is primarily designed for stuff like change logs and simple information.
Everything is in this uncopylocked place. I use rprxy.xyz because HttpService does not allow requests to devforum.roblox.com.
The module is located in
StarterPlayer.StarterPlayerScripts. It exposes multiple methods and events.
This will display the topic using the specificed topic id.
Closes the currently open topic if any.
Event DevForumOpened(topicId: number)
Fired when the DevForum viewer is opened or when the user navigates to another thread using a link.
Fired when Close() is called.
Event ButtonClicked(id: string)
Fired when an
rbxbutton is used. More info below.
I have added some extra tags to this for ease of use.
<rbxbutton id="open-shop">Open Shop</rbxbutton>
This will fire the ButtonClicked event with the
id attribute. You can hook into this from your own code and open an in-game menu for example.
This is used to show an image in the thread. The value must be the id of a Roblox image asset.
<rbxteleport id="1818">Play Crossroads</rbxteleport>
This will cause the user to be teleported to a place using the
Forum links will open the thread as normal.
- Mobile Controls will not be hidden when in a view. Blocked by UserInputService.ModalEnabled = true no longer disables mobile controls.
- Emojis must be unicode emojis. They can not use the forum format of
- Lists do not render properly.
- In line buttons do not work.
- Code blocks lack highlighting.
- Non-DevForum links can not be opened. This is a Roblox limitation.
Many of these issues I don’t plan to fix due to the small use cases for this module. If there is enough demand for a specific issue to be fixed I might consider it.