Roblox/Discord Webhook Limit?

Hi,

Currently I’m building a game that will fire webhooks to my Discord server when a moderation action is taken. For example if a moderator kicks someone it appears in the Discord like this:

Now… the actual webhook isn’t the issue. But I’ve been reading on Reddit that either Roblox or Discord has a monthly request limit, but I’ve searched everywhere and I cannot confirm whether this is true or not. So basically, is their a limit, what is the limit, and what happens if you breach the limit?

Thanks.

1 Like

I don’t believe Discord has a limint of how many webhook execution requests can be made (or atleast I can’t find it) but Roblox does have a limit for their HttpService which is around 500 requests/minute per server.

Edit: The rate for Discord webhooks are 30 requests/minute per channel.

7 Likes

Thank you.
The documentation for HttpService must have been hiding from me, or I’ve been awake too long today.

I’ve never heard anything about a monthly limit. It’s more like a rate limit within x amount of time. Because sending thousands of requests to the API in a short span can bog down their systems.

Apparently for discord its on a per-route basis.

I would still be mindful of how much data you’re pushing to the Discord backend. Supposedly Roblox made themselves compliant and Discord had lifted the ban that was imposed on traffic originating on Roblox. Still no reason not to be cautious about it though.

1 Like

Each server will have around 20 players connected at a time, not too worried at the amount of requests being made.

This is actually not true, Roblox changed their User-Agent which coincidentally lifted the ban Discord has on them. Change your browser user-agent to Roblox/WinInet and you’ll see Discord has blocked this User-Agent which is Roblox’s old one.

Is there any evidence Roblox started being compliant? e.g. They follow X-RateLimit headers for you?

2 Likes

Not sure how helpful it is. But there’s this link which is what I was referencing.

1 Like

Discord does have limitation when sending webhooks, if you end up sending more webhooks than usual this may end up in an error and could possibly lead to discord moderative actions. I’m not too sure if there are current limitations roblox has set when sending a certain amount of webhooks, but roblox recently just got unbanned from discord’s webhook API feature so there may be new documentation.

Other than that, here is the tweet from one of Discord Developers about the limitations;
https://twitter.com/lolpython/status/967621046277820416
It states that the maximum webhooks you can send are 30 messages every 60 seconds.

I have sourced the following tweet from this forum topic, in which you can read further about this;
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/roblox-discord-webhook-proxy-server/98825/5?u=math_luascript

2 Likes