Roblox does not correct for localised pricing for specific accounts

Reproduction Steps

This is a very specific bug requiring very specific conditions.
I’ve asked Roblox Support, no they can’t fix this. They told to report it here.

Have a Roblox account who’s country is not your local region. For more obvious results, pick a country w/ localised news and currency.

If you don’t know how to do that, go back 2 years when this setting existed

Then constantly use that Roblox account from another region of the world than what you selected.

Expected Behavior

I would expect Roblox to automatically switch, I’d be prompted if I wanted to switch, or the setting remains there.

Actual Behavior

I cannot buy Robux or Premium in my local currency. I also cannot read any news updates because it’s all in German and French.

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: Roblox
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Very Rarely

2 Likes

If you are in the same boat as me, please to a POST request to https://www.roblox.com/account/settings/account-country with the param of countryId: XXX replcacing XXX with the country code of the country you want, endpoint gives all of them in a JSON object if you do a GET request.

Did I have to find an archived version of the website to find this API endpoint? Yes. Prob shouldn’t have been that hard.

4 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

3 Likes

We fixed this by restoring the Account Country setting. Please keep in mind that you will only be able to change this setting once every 365 days.

Thank you again for the report!

2 Likes

If it’s within that year, should users expect a warning like this?

1 Like

It says in the dialog that it can only be changed once, not once every 365 days. After changing on a alt it becomes permanently locked and text is displayed under saying “Contact Roblox Support to change your Account Location”. Is this intended?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.