Roblox doesn't catch my keyboard input

Starting about yesterday (presumably last update), I cannot use my keyboard for various actions in Roblox games only, such as submitting chat messages, controlling my character, opening the Esc menu, opening the Developer Console etc. in any Roblox game.
These keys (Enter, Escape, F9, Spacebar etc.) all work in other programs.

I am able to trigger the chatbar using the ‘/’ key on my keyboard, and type into the chatbar (so I’m assuming that the underlying TextBox mechanic works, and it could be that UserInputService just doesn’t reckognize my keyboard input?).

I use a Corsair K70 LUX RGB mechanical keyboard, with the latest firmware version v2.05

Notes

• Reinstalling Roblox does not fix the issue
  • Changing keyboard layout (my normal keyboard layout is Danish) does not fix the issue
  • Edit: Changing keyboard does not fix the issue
8 Likes

Same problem

1 Like

Same problem here. This only happens in the Roblox window. It completely mixes up the input (W works in chat, but not with movement), and the Enter key seems to put a space in the chat window (space doesn’t work at all).

2 Likes

A person contacted me on Discord - following this step solved the issue.

5 Likes

Agh, this worked, thanks!

Spotted this in Discord’s update logs. Could fix the issue that’s been said in this thread. Aka you guys might be able to enable in-game overlays again. @As8D @cinderdeer

2 Likes

I never used the overlay, it wasn’t even enabled in the stable version of discord, It was enabled in canary which I use an alt on. lol.

I’m getting this same problem now

Edit: it’s Discord overlay, oops…

1 Like