Roblox email not working

• Describe the bug. Describe what is happening when the bug occurs. Describe what you would normally expect to occur.

I am not receiving the 2-Step Verification email, so I can’t login to my account.
It happens all the time, I tried different devices, browsers and it’s been going on for 2 days now.

I checked everything on my side, and that is not the problem.

• How often does the bug happen (Everytime/sometimes/rarely)? What are the steps that reproduce the bug? Please list them in very high detail. Provide simple example places that exhibit the bug and provide description of what you believe should be the behavior.

It happens all the time.

• Where does the bug happen (www, gametest, etc) Is it level-specific? Is it game specific? Please post a link to the place that exhibits the issue.

www.roblox.com

• When did the bug start happening? If we can tie it to a specific release that helps us figure out what we broke.

This specific case started happening on the 12th of september.

• Anything else that you would want to know about the bug if it were your job to find and fix it.

I reported the same issue for trying to change my email adress, the confirmation never arrives thus making it impossible to change the email. (which is also not working)

1 Like

Hey @Nitefal, can you please check if these emails are being sent to your spam/junk folder?

2 Likes

They never arrive, not even in the junk folder.

Could it be possible that you may have blocked the email address? I’m currently having no issues with receiving my 2step code on this account and my alts

2 Likes

I have not blocked the adress, I tried changing my email, but also that email never arrives

Do you use a standard email provider like Gmail, or your own custom mail server?

My own, it always worked perfectly fine until recently.
(I changed nothing)

Can you try sending yourself an email from a different email address?
See if you receive that.

2 Likes

I do, I get all emails.

Even changing the email, the confirmation to the new adress never arrives. Even with a different domain

I do get email from devex for example, but not 2fa or email reset.
I tried changing it to gmail and that seems to work.
But sending it to my domain does not work, even though it always has

I know other developers have been having issues with custom mail servers like @Sharksie. Definitely a bug on Roblox’s end. The process sending password resets/2-factor/etc likely isn’t using standard headers or has configuration issues. Popular email providers like Gmail might be able to handle small issues like these and fill in the blanks, but custom mail servers are expecting the sender to play by the rulebook.

Just adding to this post after a while, I’m using a .systems domain on my alternative account I use for testing my game, as a regular player. I have not been receiving any 2SV or Password Reset emails from ROBLOX, although I use a custom mail server. With me not receiving any 2SV emails, I am therefore unable to login to my alternative account.

Furthermore, I don’t think Support really understands the complexity of the issue of using a custom mail server, so I’m hoping someone on the dev team might be able to help me out on this one.

1 Like

@BanSmh please file a new bug report with sufficient detail to have it triaged appropriately by Roblox