Roblox Emote Posing

Hey everyone! I need help regarding something I plan on making. I want to make a game in which you can select any emotes and they do the “pose” you can in “edit profile picture”.

I want it to be a game where you can’t move, but you can select emotes from a menu and your character “poses” which would make people have easier time picking out poses for their avatar.

I don’t know where to start, what’s a good line of code to pull the “poses”?

1 Like

Use a viewportframe, and have a rig loaded for each pose which you set the characters appearance to, then parent this new character to the viewportframe and adjust position / rotation accordingly.

But how to make the characters pose? The emotes are animated, but how would I know which keyframe is the posing keyframe? I’d have to reupload every emote with that specific keyframe for posing, wouldn’t I? Then make them play the animation

local player = game.Players.LocalPlayer
--local character = player.PlayerGui.ScreenGui.ViewportFrame.WorldModel:WaitForChild("Humanoid")
local humanoid = character:WaitForChild("Humanoid")
local animator = humanoid:WaitForChild("Animator")
local Animation = Instance.new("Animation")
Animation.AnimationId = "http://www.roblox.com/asset/?id=10370362157"
local AnimationTrack = animator:LoadAnimation(Animation)

script.Parent.MouseButton1Click:Connect(function()
	AnimationTrack:Play()
	print("Animation played")
end)

OK so this is my progress. The only problem is how would I search for the child of WorldModel which I have tagged in my code.

I can put WaitForChild(“OfficialDipsy”) but then the script would only work for ME, since that’s my username. How can I make it find first child, regardless of the name of the object?

You can use WaitForChild(player.Name)

Here’s some progress on the game