Roblox employee impersonations

Hello. So I was recently scrolling through the DevForum when this little message appears.

I got a little concerned when I read it because I thought that my account was in trouble for “impersonating Roblox employees”. I now know this is not the case.

However, I still wonder, is anyone else getting this message?

EDIT: found an announcement. Was created an hour ago (approx. 6pm EST):

(Btw, if this is in the wrong category, or it is counted as Off-Topic, do not be afraid to flag)

9 Likes

Yeah I get this as well. Discourse allows for admins to put banners at the top of the website for everyone to see, and that is what was done here.

6 Likes

I just posted a new topic and I got that message when I was first taken to the page. You’re not the only one.

2 Likes

It’s just a pinned message. Nothing special, all users see it.

9 Likes

Do you know what the rest of the message says? It cuts off for me after “Roblox”

Maybe it says account(s)? Not exactly sure, but that’s my best guess.

1 Like

Yeah that was what I was thinking. I guess they have been receiving tips about people who were pretending to be Roblox employees

1 Like

You can scroll down through the message

4 Likes

The rest of it say

Roblox accounts.

As a reminder, Roblox staff will never ask for your personal information. We strongly advise you to avoid inserting / copying code or clicking links from someone you don’t know unless you have verified their identity via an official Roblox channel.

2 Likes

No. I already tried. Lol. I thought it would work, but no.

Perfectly fine for me. Taken on a phone.

3 Likes

Idk then. I’m on a Samsung Galaxy A20… which is a very “tall” phone. Maybe because there is not much screen space.

It’s probably the resolution of your phone screen

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the message only pops up when you first create a topic, because that’s when I’ve seen it… And nowhere else. Tell me if I’m wrong… I probably am… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s at the top of the page for all users.

2 Likes

That actually happened to me, except I commented instead.

Could just be coincendence

Nope. Message is shown to all users even unregistered. Just a pin.

5 Likes

I’ve never even seen any impersonations, where are some examples of this?

1 Like

This is an issue however there is one more thing that honestly needs to be addressed immediately and that is adding another way to secure your Roblox account.

Traders with high-valued items are getting compromised daily due to data leaks, specifically Rbx.Rocks’s old database which stored thousands and thousands of user emails. I’d recommend a stronger security in order for someone to social engineer/impersonate through Roblox email (specifically Spanish Support, which is the rumor that is being circulated through the trading community to breach an account). I have a decent amount of Interns/Accelerators friends and others with their account breached and them not even knowing how.

Players like myself need to store 6m+ value worth of items on an alternate account and have it just sit there to avoid getting compromised. This is along with hiding your inventory and turning trades off.

I know this has been mentioned before but adding a PIN to selling limiteds is a must due to these “avoid inserting / copying code” schemes, so support doesn’t have to deal constantly with rollbacking users.

Thank you.

4 Likes

If they gave examples on the DevForums, that’d be classed as a personal attack.

2 Likes