Roblox Engine Random (Sound or Frame Instance?) Crash

For the past few weeks, I have been randomly crashing while in-game. The concerned game is an arena fighter-type game, so nothing is expected to happen otherwise and the game runs perfectly fine most of the time too.

Here is the place in question:

I have analyzed the crash dump files and I am receiving a cx0000005 error from the game. After also trying to isolate the problem, I haven’t been able to pin down the cause, but I have various ideas as to the source of the problem since it happens mostly whenever an attack is successful:

• Deleting the frame instance that shows the damage immediately after its movement tween is completed

• Destroying the sound generated with each successful attack after it is finished

• Changing the transparency of every part in a model from 1 to 0 and back to 1

I have not been able to gather crash videos because I can sometimes be in-game for hours while recording and never get the crash. However, I can provide all of my log files and crash dumps from the past month concerning this issue.

Following some correspondence, I also now know that issue does not just happen to me. I have confirmed that this error has happened to other members of my development team at least within the last week, and has happened to my friends who have tested my game before. I have also reinstalled my Roblox client a couple of times but the crash still occurs.

I would have posted this in the bug report category, but I do not have Regular permissions and I have been trying to resolve this issue for quite a while so any help is appreciated!

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

3 Likes

Hello @Nightchase ! Does this issue occur anymore for you?; or can we close the topic… Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.