Roblox error when launching a game

Every time I try to launch a game on the Roblox platform I get treated with this error during its attempt to update:

LauncherError

The error says Expected channel name when using -channel, use "" for empty value I’m not sure what is causing it.

The error started appearing around yesterday. I’m using the non-Microsoft Store version of the Roblox client downloaded directly from the Roblox website, on a Windows 10 system.

I decided to uninstall and reinstall the Roblox client in hopes of fixing it(and also deleted that version folder from my machine, without removing studio versions and such). Now every time I try to launch Roblox from the website it simply doesn’t respond, as if the Roblox client isn’t downloaded(even tho I downloaded it again multiple times in hopes of fixing it).

Could this be related to changes to the camera face-tracking system? Particularly looking for a user camera the moment they launch their Roblox client? If so this may be related to it because I have set a virtual camera for my machine(I also have a virtual mic but that never caused any issues).

Log/dump files were attached to the internal ticket by a Roblox Staff (@Focia19), due to the sensitive information they may contain, will not be shared publicly!

1 Like

We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database, and we’ll follow up when we have an update!

Thanks for the report!

2 Likes

Hate to break it to you, but at this point you’re likely encountering the issue described in “Roblox games load for about 3 seconds then instantly crash”.