ROBLOX failing to update

When I try to go into a ROBLOX game, it says “Getting the latest update” (or whatever the message is), and just hangs for a bit. After a while, I get a ‘native’ error on my screen, as seen in the image below:

The file it references “RBX-D2770C18.tmp” is empty. Just a blank file.

Edit: Same thing when starting Studio, except it seems to just hang when trying to get the update, and never gives me a warning. Perhaps I haven’t waited long enough though.

Edit 2: I can’t reproduce this error. However, the “Getting the latest Roblox” message still hangs there indefinitely.

Why do you always have issues with ROBLOX’s launcher? It’s a conspiracy. Illuminati confirmed.

No idea…There’s nothing weird about my setup either. I’m using a pretty popular HP laptop w/ nothing fancy. Standard Windows 8.1.

No idea…There’s nothing weird about my setup either. I’m using a pretty popular HP laptop w/ nothing fancy. Standard Windows 8.1.[/quote]

What’s crazy is, I have a completely tricked out Lenovo ThinkPad W530 (not even close to the same guts as it came with), Windows 8.1 with more mods and things such as that then you could dream, and a kajillion different developer programs installed. Yet I’ve never had an issue.
I think ROBLOX is just trying to slow your insane levels of intelligence down to a manageable level so that you don’t create sentient planes in ROBLOX that learn to kill their entire website.

[quote] When I try to go into a ROBLOX game, it says “Getting the latest update” (or whatever the message is), and just hangs for a bit. After a while, I get a ‘native’ error on my screen, as seen in the image below:

The file it references “RBX-D2770C18.tmp” is empty. Just a blank file.

Edit: Same thing when starting Studio, except it seems to just hang when trying to get the update, and never gives me a warning. Perhaps I haven’t waited long enough though. [/quote]

Edit 2: I can’t reproduce this error. However, the “Getting the latest Roblox” message still hangs there indefinitely.

I’ve also tried deleting ROBLOX after noticing this long loading message error and tried to install ROBLOX again but I am experiencing the same problem.

I’m glad I’m not alone. That means it might be an issue that is affecting a lot of people. If that’s the case, then hopefully it will be addressed sooner. Hopefully an admin will see this today!

I’m glad I’m not alone. That means it might be an issue that is affecting a lot of people. If that’s the case, then hopefully it will be addressed sooner. Hopefully an admin will see this today![/quote]

I am not sure if this is something that should be sent to the hotline but ROBLOX is starting to “break” for many users as I check on the ROBLOX Forums.

This is a known issue since last night, and we’re working on it. There isn’t a work around that we know of but we’re making changes behind the scenes to get more people past this error.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off-topic and bump posts