Roblox fails to load past 50 accessories on both avatar editors. Can not see all outfits on avatar editor on app

Currently, it is impossible to load more than 50 accessories on both the Roblox avatar editor page and the Roblox app. This happens on both PC and Mobile with all browsers I also use.

How many head accessories I see on the avatar page:

How many I actually own:

I ended at page 3 as you probably see the difference

What I see on the Roblox app for my saved costumes:

Web:

This makes it impossible to be able to edit my avatars. I have a lot of accessories and having a lot of them suddenly unable to load is severely annoying.

Before you ask!

1. No, cookies do not matter in this case. It happens on everything and it’s worse on the Roblox apps.
  2. I have no extensions that should be limiting this feature. It never existed 2 days ago and the most recent update to my extensions is from over a month ago.
  3. These are technically 2 bugs, but they are very similar to each other and they may be caused by the same issue.

Expected behaviour

I expect to see all my accessories and avatars able to be useable on the app and web with absolutely no cutoff

Workaround

Using Roblox’s Advanced menu should work for applying accessories on the Roblox website. There is no workarounds for anything else, unfortunately.

42 Likes

Noticed this before. It also occurs when viewing someone’s profile - it doesn’t show you every single item they’re currently wearing.

12 Likes

I can only see the most recent 25 hats I own!! I had hundreds!

14 Likes

Being unable to load in items that we have paid real money for is a very serious issue. I hope this gets fixed soon, as it could completely bar mobile users from being able to access their items and severely inconvenience PC users.

To actually add to the conversation though,
Neither using “BT Roblox” nor “RoPro” causes this issue. Using the website with no addons at all yields the exact same issue.

10 Likes

yeah im having this issue too. this needs to get fixed

4 Likes

Hi @hunterk1241 , thanks for the bug report! We are looking into this and will post an update when we have one.

10 Likes

Update: The issue should now be mitigated for accessories/body parts. You may see two copies of certain items such as The High Seas: Beatrix The Pirate Queen - Hat - Roblox. Edit 2023-11-06: The issue is not yet fully mitigated, see below for further updates.

We are still investigating the issue with characters/costumes.

15 Likes

Yeah, I am having the same issue. I thought someone was doing stuff in my account because I never wore that bundle in years

2 Likes

The issue also still persists with that as well as the accessory limitations. It seems it loads the first batch of 50 and then stops loading any more batches. I have hundreds of accessories and seeing me limited to only the most recent 50 is annoying. I can’t even edit my avatar on the app as the issue is worse there!

Here is what I see:

6 Likes

Not mitigated at all.
I cannot access more than 48 head accessories, cannot access any front accessories, and now cannot access more than 3 costumes/purchased bundles. On top of this, there is no prompt nor indication that the website is loading more accessories, i.e a loading bar or pop-up message on the top of the screen.

8 Likes

i’d also like to say you cant also put on the item via their store page as well even if you technically own them

3 Likes

I am experiencing this issue as well, head accessories aren’t loading past certain number (for me it appears to be 25 50). This occurs on every platform (e.g., web, desktop app, mobile app, etc.). I can still equip the head accessories through saved outfits, but I cannot equip them directly from the list in the avatar editor.

5 Likes

I am also experiencing this issue, and it’s really annoying because I can’t use almost any of my old accessories

5 Likes

I also have the same issues as well. Pretty annoying to not being able to find the accessories I want to wear, like head accessories.

3 Likes

I’m missing a bunch of stuff too. Not even my official Roblox packages are loading.

This happens whether I’m using Firefox or Microsoft Edge, or even the Roblox app, on both my PC and my Android phone.
I really enjoy customizing my avatar on Roblox and this is severely impacting my ability to express my creativity in that regard.

It also seems like Heads, Torsos, Left/Right Arms, Left/Right Legs, and a few of my Accessory types are affected by this too. Please fix this!

6 Likes

Needs fixing asap, I should be able to wear something I’ve paid for

6 Likes

After further investigation, I found that the editor is using the following URL to make a request:

https://inventory.roblox.com/v2/users/312423083/inventory?assetTypes=Hat&cursor=&limit=50&sortOrder=Desc&userId=312423083

Which returns:

{
	"previousPageCursor": null,
	"nextPageCursor": null,
	"data": [
		{
			"assetId": 2493718915,
			"name": "The High Seas: Beatrix The Pirate Queen - Hat",
			"assetType": "Hat",
			"created": "2023-10-28T20:40:06.26Z"
		}
		// 49 more assets...
	],
}

Notice that the nextPageCursor returns null, which prevents the editor from requesting more pages, as if there was no more pages left. This results in users only seeing no more than 50 avatar items in the avatar editor. Now, when I use the API as per Swagger UI documentation:

https://inventory.roblox.com/v2/users/312423083/inventory/8?limit=50&sortOrder=Desc

It will return the following:

{
	"previousPageCursor": null,
	"nextPageCursor": /* valid cursor string id */,
	"data": [
		{
			"userAssetId": /* user asset id here */,
			"assetId": 2493718915,
			"assetName": "The High Seas: Beatrix The Pirate Queen - Hat",
			"collectibleItemId": null,
			"collectibleItemInstanceId": null,
			"owner": {
				"userId": 312423083,
				"username": "Daw588",
				"buildersClubMembershipType": 0
			},
			"created": "2023-10-28T20:40:06.26Z",
			"updated": "2023-10-28T20:40:06.26Z"
		},
		// 49 more assets...
	]
}

As you can see here, unlike the response from the former URL used by the avatar editor, this returns a valid nextPageCursor, which can be used to retrieve more pages of avatar items, of any given asset type.

6 Likes

this!! I was trying to workaround the current bug where items will not load, however, I could not since the button to add it to my avatar was gone! I hope both bugs get fixed relatively soon!

5 Likes

You are a legend for figuring this out! Hopefully that can help in some sort of way

4 Likes

This is negatively impacting my job that requires me to wear roblox avatars

2 Likes