Roblox filter lagging and delaying messages by a few seconds

When joining a game on Roblox and sending a message, your message will be delayed by a few seconds, you can see this very clearly with bubble chat enabled, where your message will sometimes not even appear and it’s delayed by a few seconds.

This happens in every place where you can chat on the Roblox platform, most noticeable in places where bubble chat is enabled.

The lag started happening a few hours ago.

The following screenshot was in a baseplate space with the only script being the one that enables bubble chat.

I have seen that many people experience this problem for the past few hours.

EDIT: It now seems that some people are experiencing issues with gamepasses and such.

18 Likes

Can confirm, happened to me last night.

2 Likes

I believe this is not the only issue, is anyone experiencing huge delays with MarketPlaceService? The site seems slower then usual as well as team create crashes every 10 minutes or so.

3 Likes

I’ve been having similar problems, the whole site seems pretty slow. Gamepasses aren’t loading and I’m getting errors when trying to view profiles.

3 Likes

Isn’t this for #platform-feedback:engine-bugs rather than website? Although it does reach the chats, generally it should probably be here? I don’t really know. It’s technically also #platform-feedback:website-bugs.

Also the reason is the COVID-19 causing an influx of users to unexpectedly break the limit or expected limit.

3 Likes

I posted this to Engine bugs, guess Post Approval moved it.

2 Likes

This seems to come in go in waves, implying this is a server-side issue. I’ve noticed this happens every once in a while, probably for about a year at this point. It makes chatting in-game near impossible and is very annoying.

1 Like

Can confirm that this has been happening, my team create also keeps crashing.

2 Likes

Can confirm. But it’s not just that, sometimes, it just doesn’t send the message at all…

3 Likes

This has started to happen a week ago. I thought I was the only one who was experiencing this issue, so I have decided not to create this topic. Chat delay is between 3-10 seconds [or even more].

2 Likes
3 Likes

Can confirm, and it is becoming increasingly hard just to join a game.
Assuming Roblox’s HQ is somewhere in California (I think), they most likely are doing things remotely, which means it will take more time for them to fix issues. Alongside, kids don’t have school so there is more players online than originally anticipated.

2 Likes

This is because of the insane amount of people playing roblox because of the virus, they don’t have school and have lots of free time.

3 Likes