Roblox Fps Uncapper for web client [RUNTIME]

Roblox Fps Uncapper is a utility software to change your fps in roblox at runtime.

• Supporting only windows web client.

To directly download go here: Release Beta v1.0 Debug build · luau-load/RobloxFpsUncapper · GitHub
To see the source code go here: GitHub - luau-load/RobloxFpsUncapper: Roblox fps uncapper for web client
For usage and more go here: RobloxFpsUncapper/README.md at main · luau-load/RobloxFpsUncapper · GitHub

Please report bugs if found.

3 Likes

Good for those who don’t want to download whole Bloxstrap.

For Bloxstrap FPS Uncap, you can just set it 9999.

The difference is that RobloxFpsUncapper can set fps while roblox is running.

1 Like

It is my understanding the Hyperion (Roblox’s anti-tamper) attempts to detect external memory modifications, and there’s a system in place to ban accounts exhibiting certain “behavioral patterns”. While I think the chance of someone getting banned from this is pretty slim due to the Hyperion team having to account for cases where things like VR drivers inject into random processes, are you sure this is safe to do?

1 Like

My solution only reads and writes memory inside RobloxPlayerBeta.exe module which is not protected from reading/writing memory (excluding .text section is protected from writing).

reading, writing and modifying memory is already pretty much considerable cheating/exploiting, as you are basically changing addresses in the roblox process…

even if it’s only for changing fps, you are still modifying the process.

Hello GRH,

Please consider that reading and writing to the client memory from an unsanctioned process is considered cheating. Also, the assumption that client memory is not protected is incorrect. A common issue with reading/writing to the client process memory is that it may succeed initially but eventually gets detected, causing the client to crash. These non-deterministic crashes are often mistaken for client bugs, resulting in bug reports and increasing the workload of our support staff.

We strongly encourage everyone to use the officially supported methods to set the framerate rather than using questionable tools to do so.

2 Likes

One would assume that’d currently be with FFlags? But aren’t those eventually being deprecated eventually? The only official safe-ish looking tools, I know of, which aren’t actually official would be Austin’s fpsunlocker or Bloxstrap.

It’d be nice to know what these officially supported methods are, if you wouldn’t mind sharing?
And a confirmation to know Bloxstrap is a safe option, too.

If you can’t be transparent on those, no needs to worry. Not worth you getting in trouble.

Thanks al 'mighty Bitdancer!

Currently, we support FFlags, and a corresponding change to the UI is in the works. That being said, even with the upcoming changes to FFlags, there will be a mechanism that allows certain FFlags to still be configurable from the client.

3 Likes

Nice one, thank you for clearing that up.

Bloxstrap, approved!

Thanks for your time.

1 Like