Roblox free models copyright question

Hey guys, I hope you all do very very well! Being direct I have a question, If I use a free sound that isn’t created by Roblox (Free sounds) but for another player such as “BigIronmanwood1923” (For example)
Do I need to put them in the credits for that only song? Especially If the game is famous?

In simple words, I’m saying:

If I use only 1 Roblox sound effect, do I have to write the creator in the credits? Because people will misunderstand and will think that the creator of that only music was the creator of every single piece of music that is on the Roblox game.

Have a nice day! Byee :wave: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :wink:

2 Likes

No need if the sound is from the toolbox as they have already allowed u using sound without credit

1 Like

And If he doesn’t say anything related to give him the credits in the description?

It is not necessary even if he tells to give credit. It depends on u. Roblox will not ban u for not giving credits for toolbox sound

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that when you upload an audio in Roblox, it doesn’t give you copyright to it. Unless its a song, in that case it would probably have copyright because no music artist would want their song to get stolen.

So I mean if you use an audio from the Toolbox, you won’t get copyright striked or anything like that. But just to be sure, check whether an audio is a song (For most of the time, it’s copyrighted)

You can read more about this here.

I don’t know that much about copyright and stuff, so feel free to correct me!

1 Like

if you read the tos, it will remove copyrighted sounds. So there shouldn’t be any, if the desc is saying to credit, than the choice is yours.

2 Likes

Yes and no. Theoretically, you should be allowed to use any sound from the toolbox.

However, if that sound is copyrighted and still managed to be uploaded, there might be trouble. I’m not sure if you can get into trouble for using that sound, though. (The uploader definitely will.)

Edit: If someone knows more about this, feel free to clarify.

1 Like

You’re free to use all the asset(s) you see on the toolbox/roblox library as they are all open to the public and the user who uploaded the asset(s) aggreed to share their asset(s) to be copied and be used within roblox.

In terms of giving credits you’re not obligated to give credits for the assets you use if you got them from the toolbox/ the roblox library. You may however give credits to the creators at your own free will but this is something you do not have to do.

Also for your infomation:

Roblox has signed a license agreement with APM Music that will provide our users with access to hundreds of thousands of tracks (“Licensed Music”) for inclusion in their games on Roblox. Even better, all of this Licensed Music is royalty free for use on the Roblox platform! We have taken care of the licensing for you so you don’t have to worry about synchronization, master use, mechanical, and performance licenses. And you can use all of the Licensed Music starting today!

Quote can be found on the roblox the Terms of Service here.

Hopefully this helped you.

1 Like

You probably don’t have to, but if you want to/feel bad not doing it then go ahead.

1 Like