Roblox Friend Invite Within Game (scripting)

I noticed that the game Deathrun has a feature where you can invite your friends to the server… By clicking the “invite” button, it sends the player an invite message on the Roblox website…

If I wanted to recreate this feature, how would I go about doing so?

4 Likes

The new SocialService provides this functionality for you using SocialService:PromptGameInvite. I don’t know too much about this service and how it works, so you might want to research it on your own.

SocialService has one other unique method, SocialService:CanSendGameInviteAsync, and one other unique event, SocialService.GameInvitePromptClosed.

11 Likes

Roblox already has this feature in the in-game menu. Adding this as a feature to the game wouldn’t be necessary.

For my game, I have a custom player list GUI, and having an invite GUI would make it better.

Ok. You may want to try browsing the wiki and find the Social Service article. I’m not an expert on this feature so I won’t be much help.

Is there a way to change the size of the GUI that pops up?

I assume you can’t, as if its using SocialService then its creating the GUIs in CoreGui which can’t be accessed by regular scripts. I’m not sure if there are any functions/properties which would change it.