ROBLOX Games after teleporting from place to place; or moving around causes an instant unexpected crash

Reproduction Steps
As of right now, while walking around, moving, teleporting from a place to another place, etc… The game will unexpectedly freeze and instantly spit out a crash message.

Further Testing, happened when holding the jump key as people mentioned as well.

Expected Behavior
The game to function normally.

Actual Behavior
An unexpected crash, windows box, pops up on the screen.

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Crashing
Impact: Critical
Frequency: Often
Date First Experienced: 2021-08-24 07:08:00 (-04:00)

9 Likes

https://www.roblox.com/games/6678877691/ZO-WIP
My game of 6,000+ people just experienced this.
Everyone crashes the instant you jump, ROBLOX encountered an error and needs to quit.
FFlags just updated, i think it’s something with those

3 Likes

We just lost more than half of our players because of this issue, possibly because of actions we do when a player first joins (teleporting them around)

Place Link

[NEW YEARS UPDATE] Aimblox BETA - Roblox

2 Likes

In addition to the last regard, this is the code I singled out to cause it.
ROBLOX engineers may want to look at this, I don’t see anything I am doing out of the “general ordinary” so LOTS of games may be crashing right now.

local character = script.Parent.Parent

local humanoid = character:WaitForChild("Humanoid")

_G.CanJump = true

local jumps = {}
local lastJump = 0
local jumpDB = tick()
humanoid:GetPropertyChangedSignal("Jump"):Connect(function()
	local defaultJumpPower = 50

if humanoid.FloorMaterial ~= Enum.Material.Air and _G.CanJump and (character and not character:FindFirstChild("Ragdolled")) and humanoid:GetState() ~= Enum.HumanoidStateType.Jumping then
		if character:FindFirstChildOfClass("Tool") then
			if tick()-lastJump < 1.5 then
				humanoid.Jump = false
				return
			end
			if tick()-lastJump > 3.5 then
				jumps = {}
			end
			local amountOfJumpsRecently = math.clamp(math.log(#jumps), 1, math.huge)
			print(amountOfJumpsRecently)
			humanoid.JumpPower = defaultJumpPower/(amountOfJumpsRecently)
			table.insert(jumps, tick())
			lastJump = tick()
			return
		else
			if tick()-lastJump > 1.5 then
				humanoid.JumpPower = defaultJumpPower
				lastJump = tick()
				return
			end
		end
	end
	humanoid.Jump = false
end)
3 Likes

Working on a big update, and I have to pause because players are getting crashed instantly joining a server, player count has been more than halved as a result of this.

As stated in the replies above, this is some change to the engine that has caused this.

2 Likes

Can confirm this bug is happening in all of my games. Player count has dropped by 60%.

Figured out the crash seems to have something to do with the humanoid’s FloorMaterial, those are the FFlags that got updated recently and my jump cooldowns seem to be working if i ignore floormaterials.
With a game as big as yours, that may be of help to know and not have to dig for hours.

1 Like

@TamperedReality @RVVZ @AsyncFunctions @NodeSupport It seems they’ve now deployed a fix, and yeah, it was a change to FloorMaterial.

I can confirm that it’s fixed for my games.

Hi all, there was a change to FloorMaterial that has since been reverted that was causing this crash. Thank you for your patience!

4 Likes

That’s correct, the only thing we can do now is waiting for Roblox to fix it.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.