Roblox games load for about 3 seconds then instantly crash

I have sad news, unfortunately the solution is incredibly hit or miss. Sometimes, if I press ‘OK’ quick enough, I can stay without crashing but sometimes it just crashes after giving me the memory dump notification. :confused:
At least I still have a chance to play Roblox, unlike before.

1 Like

Hello everyone, I believe I discovered a fix to most issues. This is how I fixed mine: open file explorer, open properties (or the 3 dots on the top), click clean up, allow it to do its scan, when it shows all the things you can delete be sure thumbnails is one of the things you can delete. All other clean up files are optional. I hope everyone can return to normally playing roblox, thanks.

Loaded and ran just fine for me …

That was 25 days ago, it loaded fine the next day for me lol.

1 Like

I haven’t been able to play any games for several weeks. The client keeps crashing every time I open it, no matter how many times I restart my computer, reinstall the client, or do a disk cleanup. I have no idea what to try at this point.

5 Likes

Same for me. I have been using the desktop app so I can play roblox, but it has some weird bugs and glitches that make me hate using it. Recently, the client has been more stable, though I can only play royale high, which sometimes crashes after joining, but I’ve been able to join without crashing

I’d wish roblox had fixed this big issue already. It’s so annoying to have no news about this glitch or roblox’s awareness about the same issue that has been affecting a lot of people

2 Likes

What do you mean by the desktop app ?

1 Like

Hey there!
Just found out it doesn’t crash when using the taskbar shortcut automatically made by the Roblox installer.
Maybe it runs it with different parameters?

1 Like

Roblox doesn’t create a taskbar shortcut. Which version is this?

1 Like

Having same annoying issue no matter what I am using
It just started to happen with no reason since yesterday it just crashes when I teleport from 1 place to other instantly.

1 Like

Oh I’m sorry I was on mobile and my autocorrector changed it.
I meant that if you have made a taskbar shortcut of Roblox in previous versions, that the current Roblox will turn on properly.

1 Like

I reinstalled Roblox because of a font glitch, and it started not to work :frowning:
So I played around with the code and I changed ONE line:

from

<BaseUrl>http://www.roblox.com</BaseUrl>

to:

<BaseUrl>https://www.roblox.com</BaseUrl>

in the AppSettings.xml file:

soo voilà, it works now (still have to manually launch RobloxPlayerBeta.exe)
(got suspicious when no images loaded even if it didn’t crash for 10 seconds)
(still have to use the Clean Disk thingy)
(this is if nothing else works)

3 Likes

I think they mean the Microsoft store version. It is hard to tell since both that and the binary executable (RobloxPlayerBeta.exe) Roblox gives are both applications, but the Microsoft store version does not crash (but has so many bugs which are inconsistent across devices).

1 Like

I’m having the same issue as many other people here.

Attempting to join a Experience via the web browser results in Roblox crashing after the initial loading popup. Currently, I can only play Roblox through the windows store client which has multiple issues.

From what I can gather, It seems like something is triggering Hyperion and inducing a crash.

I have went through and tried the suggested solutions mentioned here including the clean boot. I even went as far as to boot windows into safe mode ensuring no additional applications and services are running only to see no different result and have Roblox crash with the “unrecoverable error” message.

A full list of things I have tried:

• Uninstalling and reinstalling Roblox (including deleting all related Roblox files and folders on my computer)
  • Turning off all Anti-Virus features and all Windows Firewall settings
  • Changing DNS
  • Clearing out the Temp folder found in AppData
  • Updating drivers
  • Clean boot procedure
  • Starting Windows in safe mode with networking and attempting to join a game
  • Cleaning out the windows registry with tools like CCleaner

No different results occurred throughout my entire troubleshooting phase and Roblox simply alternated between two different error messages:

1. The application encountered an unrecoverable error.
  2. An unexpected error occurred and Roblox needs to quit. We're sorry!

Replication Steps:
Joining any experience via the web browser.

Note about my computer:

• Using the Brave Browser with multiple extensions
  • Fresh install of Roblox (running on the Production branch I believe)
  • Running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version 21H2 Build 19044
  • Intel i7-6700
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

Log files and crash dumps here

4 Likes

I have been encountering a very similar but slightly different issue, Where roblox seems to crash (or freeze / hang) after exactly 40 minutes of gameplay.

This has been happening to me since around late April, And to me seems likely that its linked to hyperion in some way.
This of course does not happen to any other software, And is only occurring with roblox.

The reason I’m not entirely sure if its a freeze or a crash is that, Roblox seems to first freeze for about 5 seconds with no white screen, and then crash with no crash prompt, Simply closing.
This has been the case for all crashes since late April.

List of things I have tried:

• Reinstalling Roblox
  • Reinstalling Drivers
    (I have not performed the clean boot or similar troubleshooting methods due to having to wait 40 minutes, and is time consuming…)

Repro steps:

• Join game from web browser
  • Join game from the Desktop App

System specs, Windows & Roblox Version

System specs:

• Ryzen 5 3500X
  • AMD Radeon RX570 8GB
  • 16GB ram

Windows version:

• Windows 10 Home Edition 64-bit Version 22H2 Build 19045.2965
  • Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19041.1000.0

Roblox version:

• Version 0.575.2.5750427 (2113df)
  • Client-CoreScript-Version: 5345954812
  • Channel: Production

log file and crash dump files here

2 Likes

I actually used to have this same problem until a few days ago, Roblox had been running fine before that, and on that particular day, it just wouldn’t load. It took me like 6-8 tries before it could open, although it was extremely laggy.

It was fixed the day after, as the roblox player had updated, so it was something I guess.

Thank you for sharing!
Huh, interesting… Maybe its caused by a offending program, like I was seeing earlier in this thread…
I’l be looking out. Thanks very much!

2 Likes

It was weird though, it only occurred on that day and was fixed the day after.

1 Like

I have been encountering a similar issue where roblox wouldn’t try to load at all after the launcher disappears from the screen. The launcher loads and hides, but the client window never opens. Meaning I can’t join any games or enter the app. There are no errors. Roblox game client still runs in the background. This started happening after the 64 bit client update (April 21th).

Video of the issue

I have tried multiple solutions:

• Reinstalling roblox
  • Reinstalling drivers
  • Clean boot
  • Removing roblox and temporary files
  • Disk cleanup
  • Reinstalling graphics drivers
  • Restarting PC

System Information:

CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz
RAM: 8 GB DDR3

logs

Edit: now I get an error saying that my windows system is too outdated and telling me to update it.
Error

6 Likes