Roblox games load for about 3 seconds then instantly crash

An update was just released and I am no longer crashing! I’m so happy I don’t have to wait any longer.

Thanks!

1 Like

I’m sorry, I would send you it but I can’t figure out strategy 3, mostly the 1st step.

1 Like

Bump. Seems to only happen when I attempt to join DOORS.

1 Like

Hello EmK,

Please file an official bug report. In this particular thread, we focus on addressing issues that we suspect to be related to Hyperion. However, it’s evident that the issue you are describing belongs to a different category.

1 Like

You got a PM coming your way. Got it uploaded. Although I really hope it actually downloaded fully.

2 Likes

I crashed after about an hour and a half of play time, I will provide new crash dumps. Hopefully this will help finding any new issues.

Relevant downloads:

I have shared my crash dump and log below:

0.583.2.5831071_20230712T211157Z_Player_3A4B5_last.log (2,741 KiB)
log_3A4B5.ini (7 KiB)

log_3A4B5 0, 583, 2, 5831071.Full.Client.7z.001 (510,976 KiB)
log_3A4B5 0, 583, 2, 5831071.Full.Client.7z.002 (62,207 KiB)
To extract the ~600MB (~4.7GB when uncompressed) crash dump, you need to download both of them, select both of them, right click one of them and extract using 7Zip.

3 Likes

Hi, I’d do that if I was able to but I have no access to posting topics in the Bug Reports category.
Thanks for the information though, I’ll think more about what not to post here.

1 Like

Let me see if I can get somebody from the rendering team to take a look into this thread.

3 Likes

A new update released an hour ago and I am back to crashing every 10-15 minutes… I will provide crash dumps/logs.

Relevant downloads:

I have shared my crash dump and log below:

0.581.0.5810563_20230714T162358Z_Player_47112_last.log (88 KB)
log_47112.ini (4 KB)

log_47112 0, 581, 0, 5810563.Full.Client.7z.001 (499.99 MB)
log_47112 0, 581, 0, 5810563.Full.Client.7z.002 (1.79 MB)
To extract the ~500 MB (~3.21GB when uncompressed) crash dump, you need to download both of them, select both of them, right click one of them and extract using 7Zip.

1 Like

It’s possible that you have been enrolled in a temporary test channel. You can check the channel you are currently on in the app. If you let me know which channel you are enrolled in, I can provide you with more information.

3 Likes

My roblox has been silently closing for 3 weeks (since june 21st).
Could this be a hyperion issue or something else? I’m not sure if it is even considered a crash.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the response. I got a new update not too long ago and this once again fixed the crashing I was experiencing. This is what I see when I check.

Requested screenshot

2 Likes

The crash reason is THREAD_TIMING_FAILURE. This is an issue we have been working on for quite some time. If everything goes according to plan, we will release a patch today that should provide some assistance, although it may not necessarily solve the issue completely. Additionally, we are currently aware of another problem where the client may encounter this issue when exiting sleep mode.

3 Likes

Does anyone know why roblox silently closes with no crash dump or error message? (When I open the desktop roblox launcher or try to launch from the website, it starts for about 10 seconds and then just closes without an error message. This doesn’t happen to the UWP.)

2 Likes

There is a chance that the crash dump is stored in an unusual location. You can search for newly created crash dumps via the command line by issuing the command dir /s *.dmp & dir /s HYP* .tmp from C:\.

1 Like

I used the command in command prompt and I’m not sure if this is supposed to happen.
It lists a huge amount of files that just keeps going and it might be listing every temporary file ever created.

1 Like

Look for files ending with .dmp
Those are specifically crash dumps.

1 Like

When I run the command in command prompt, it scrolls down endlessly.

1 Like

Was this supposed to happen?

2 Likes

How many *.dmp files do you get? You can get the count by issuing the command dir /s *.dmp. If you are 100% sure that you only have *.dmp files, you can delete all of them by using the command del /s *.dmp and then restart the Roblox client. After the crash, search for *.dmp files again using the command dir /s *.dmp.

1 Like