Roblox games load for about 3 seconds then instantly crash

Try moving to the zavatarteam2 deployment channel, some people (mainly in RoL) has had luck with it.

1 Like

the process lastly listed is DXCORE.DLL

Has this been fixed or has roblox not done anything

1 Like

Nope, didn’t work. I still crashed.

Actually no, it did in fact help with crashing. I’ve been crashing way less, actually no crashes at all. Maybe it’s because I lowered my graphics settings?

2 Likes

Seems like this has been starting to happen to a lot more people after the last update. Both the desktop and the UWP version seem affected. (I’m seeing a lot of people with similar issues on Reddit’s RobloxHelp)

In my case, the UWP version loads fine and you can see the start page and everything and then it just closes itself and uploads a crash dump to Roblox.

3 Likes

I’m crashing instantaneously here. I see the game loading screen in the corner while the rest of the client is white and it immediately closes right after with no error box. Reinstalling didn’t work.

3 Likes

Adding to this post, this issue has gotten much worse over the last 3 days and roblox is now nearly unplayable. It will crash almost every time I join, reset my character, or teleport to another game, along with a high chance of crashing accompanied with random freezing that occurs frequently. I’ve run my computer using safe startup so i’m pretty sure there’s no external interference.

3 Likes

Increase your graphics level to verify that it has worked for you, but expect mildly poor performance.

@Menndoz @BlueyHeeler96 @stinky_tooty
Please try to use the temporary solution of changing your deployment channel to zavatarteam2 as me and Pizzaboxer are still unsure whether it fixes the crashing on Windows.
(Multiple people in the Roblox on Linux community has confirmed it fixes their crashing)

The best way to change your deployment channel is to use a third-party bootstrapper like Bloxstrap.

This is not a isolated issue but a very odd one, I switched back to Windows to test whether Roblox crashes and I couldn’t replicate it at all but I know that a large majority of Roblox players are experiencing the same issues as you are.

Also keep in mind that you should check if there are any FastFlags you have added that may conflict or cause client instability, notably:

1 Like

Another potential cause for any crashing issues:
When you’re troubleshooting, it could also be your hardware, unplug everything apart from your keyboard and mouse, if that doesn’t work, do the deployment channel change as stated above and see if that fixes your crashing.

I have nobody with such wheel to test it but just thought I’d post this poor guy’s message from my Roblox inbox.

Apparently if you have a logitech G wheel plugged in, that’s what causes the crash (at least for me). Unplugging it allowed me to play with no issues…

1 Like

We shouldn’t be fixing anything. Roblox should. Straight after an update they rolled out, the client stopped working. Some of these methods don’t even work for some people, including me. This issue has been going on for days and Roblox has not done anything to help.

3 Likes

Unplugging my Logitech G923 (the steering wheel) seems to have fixed the instant crashing issue!

Days??! This issue has been going on for 7-8 months now for me. Now that they’ve added Hyperion to the UWP app, the only ROBLOX apps that works for me are the VR and the mobile apps.

5 Likes

Glad that helped! But thank the person who sent me the Roblox message :slight_smile:
Waiting to see what @Bitdancer thinks of this lol

I just got my friend to attempt to replicate the issue with their G920 wheel and their client crashes, I am currently in the process of getting a crash dump from them for Bitdancer
Update: I am unable to get a crash dump from them using Strategy Three AND Strategy Four, outlined here

Do you have any memory dumps or crash logs engineers could use to resolve your issue?

1 Like

How should i unplug my laptop keyboard??? (im not alone with the roblox not loading issue)

This also seems to have worked for me. Unplugging Logitech G920 resulted in being able to join.

well what can i do i cant play roblox (web client) anymore and i can only play the store client when i booted my pc right now

This shouldn’t be happening though? I use x360ce (emulator) and the same thing happens to me. I have to use the Windows Store app now and it’s so laggy it’s actually painful.

I use my G923 in many driving games, surely this isn’t related to the new anti-cheat - they’re now preventing us using our wheels with emulators?

This is definitely Hyperion-related, most likely a vulnerable driver that is loaded when a Logitech steering wheel is attached to the system. Vulnerable drivers could be a useful attack vector for exploiters in which that’s probably why Hyperion crashes the Roblox client.

If your Store client is working fine, I suggest you just keep using that for the time being. If push comes to shove, just use a mobile device to play.