Roblox Glitch I found in models I used

Hi everyone! So I am currently working on an obby game and I found a few weird scripts in some parts, does anyone here know what they are and what I should do?Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 1.37.46 PM Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 1.41.03 PM

they are viruses and you should delete them. That is why you do not use free models.

4 Likes

I just found that out right before you replied! Thank you bro!

1 Like

For your future reference, using free models is okay - they don’t all have viruses.

A really great method to make sure the free model you’re using doesn’t have viruses (without using plugins) is to look at the ratings - if it has more than 0 ratings and they’re mostly thumbs-ups, you’re good to go - be more careful about negative ratings or models with no ratings at all.

Furthermore, when you load a free model into your game, look through everything to make sure there aren’t viruses before working on anything else.

1 Like

Here is a clearscript plugin: https://www.roblox.com/library/652399062/Script-Remover

Threads like this pop up pretty frequently on the forums nowadays. The obvious answer to seeing any code that you know doesn’t belong in your game is to remove it out. You can always install a plugin that’ll help out in cleaning these items or be careful with what you’re adding to your game.

Always be sure to check in with your assets and make sure they’re clean before using them. It’s not uncommon for free models to have infected code but they’re still a great resource anyhow.

3 Likes