Roblox glitch kills my pc

Hello. im not sure if im using the platform correctly. however… does this mean that my pc Has just died or did that happen to someone else too?
my pc wont turn on again and the ventilation sounded like a vacuumizer for a second before it crashed. luckily i managed to take this screenshot and send it to ym friend before my pc died

17 Likes

Uh, does this happen on other games?

5 Likes

yes. i tried it and it did. actually

3 Likes

There must be something wrong. Have you installed any viruses lately? if so run a windows scan on your computer, also try reinstalling roblox.

2 Likes

it also happened to my friend while in my game. we cant use our pcs anymore

2 Likes

heres my game. also, that it happened to newer pc users i never heard about

1 Like

Doesn’t seem like i had a issue running the game. This probably might be something new, there will most likely be someone that knows of this issue, but i have never seen something like this.

alright so i looked at the other forums, there was 1 looking a little identical being that there was a plugin virus. But i cannot confirm this, your gonna have to see for yourself.

is your device majorly out of memory? try using microprofiler?

That does not look like a glitch… Your pc just had enough. Consider buying / repairing your current pc.

I was talking to you on Discord but I find it a bit strange. I want to believe it’s real but it’s hard. It looks like a GUI (because it has ZIndex behavior). It’s appearing behind HD Admin, The Leaderboard, and the top bar, your inventory but not overwriting the buttons in the bottom left corner that probably has a low ZIndex.

Look in your Plugins. Compare you are your friends plugins. Make sure there aren’t weird scripts in your game. Update your Nvidia drivers (as I did see you had a Nvidia card) and try to run it again.

Plugins, without a doubt, could probably access Roblox files if a small backdoor was accidentally created especially if your using the Beta version of Roblox Studio. If this was because of a bad actor I’d suggest running a Malware scan and reinstalling Roblox.

1 Like

Thanks for your attempt to help me

2 Likes

What are your pc’s specs? Depending on your current pc, you could be able to remove the graphics card in your system and try turning it on again and see if it does anything (This mainly works if your cpu also has an integrated graphics chip, also if it does, do not forget to insert your display cables into your motherboard instead).

The device that DirectX is running on had malfunctioned. Try performing a diagnostic on the device, which is usually the GPU.

Try unplugging the PC and plugging it in. If the PC does not show visible display output, please check the cable. If the cable is plugged in, try using the VGA instead of HDMI. It might be possible a hardware failure caused an issue with the graphics card and it needs replacement.

1 Like

How can I fix direct x?

I would like to do it but I don’t know how.

1 Like

That is something that is a mystery to me. If you can still access your PC, run DxDiag.exe. I’m not exactly sure how to troubleshoot it because I’ve never had this problem happen to me, but it appears to be on your end.

Could I know your PC specs? It may just be your computer “unplugging it’s life support”.

No one has such problems, update videocard drivers or simply buy new one. Also, image artifacts are indicative of a video card failure (due to overheat), so most likely you need reballing the videocard