Roblox Glow/Sunray Effect

– This is My first post on the DevForum, so if I do anything wrong, thats why –

Okay, so I am trying to make a sunray type kind of effect. Heres a poorly photoshoped image of what I am trying to achieve:
image (15)
(obviously better though lol)

Ive tried searching the DevForum but I have no idea what to search. I am thinking maybe its something to do with a billboard or particle, but im honestly lost.

3 Likes

Use a ParticleEmitter to achieve that. Insert a part and put an attachment inside of the part. Put the position as 0,0,0 to put the attachment directly in the middle of the part. Put the ParticleEmitter inside of the attachment and create a sunray effect with the ParticleEmitter. I went ahead and created this:

Take this and learn from it: https://create.roblox.com/marketplace/asset/13788238469/Sunray-Effect

4 Likes

Thanks! I will try it out and let you know how it goes (will have to wait for roblox to accept it)

Hey, Thanks alot! I was just wondering if there is a way to make the top more visible.

Yeah, just go to the ParticleEmitter and make the Size property bigger.

1 Like

Sorry for annoying you, but one more thing. How can I keep the particle straight? Right now, its like this,

But I want to keep it like this no matter which angle you are looking at.

(Correct me if I’m wrong) but I don’t think you can do that (because of the meshes shape). You could either change the particles orientation or you could script the cookie to always face the character.

1 Like

Ah, okay thanks. I do once remember playing around with particle emitters and once doing it, but maybe that didnt happen

1 Like

Yeah @7538SAV is correct. I guess you could use a Decal. Insert a new part and put the ParticleEmitter texture as the Decal texture. But that wouldn’t really work too well.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.