Roblox GRAPHICS Settings ... change nothing?

I’ve been on the platform for almost 7 years and have never seen this before. Yesterday, for the first time I noticed the games with meshes that used SurfaceAppearances wouldn’t load the Metallic, Normal, or Roughness maps. In roblox studio, I find no issue, my meshes load just fine, but in the Roblox player (even on my games) the issue makes it hard to enjoy certian games that are made to be realistic.

Problem: Only color maps are loaded, changing the graphics settings does nothing (like it is always on the lowest setting?) and particularly in Frontlines (not sure if this happens elsewhere) Meshes under a ~5 stud distance don’t load creating really weird meshes

By the way these images are on different accounts to show it must have to do with the Roblox player rather than the account.

For reference, this is a screenshot from the same game but from 2 days before…

I’ve tried to reinstall Roblox, update my graphics card driver, and inspected my desktop, but I’ve found nothing. I’ve also head nothing about this problem anywhere else!

If anyone could refer me or find some way to try and resolve this, that would be very helpful, thanks!
Sorry about my poor english its second language to chinese

1 Like

Whatever the true issue was, I had to reinstall windows (luckily the graphics card was just fine) and everything worked just fine.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.