Roblox Group Ranker

I have a game, and a group. I want to add a custom premium gamepass where you can get ranked up in the group after confirming you bought it.

Every time I try it, I get an error. It’s this.

10:29:34.817 - HTTP 404 (Not Found)
10:29:34.818 - Stack Begin
10:29:34.818 - Script 'ServerScriptService.Ranker', Line 22 - function request
10:29:34.819 - Script 'ServerScriptService.Ranker', Line 47
10:29:34.819 - Script 'ServerScriptService.Ranker', Line 55 - function promote
10:29:34.819 - Script 'ServerScriptService.Ranker', Line 132
10:29:34.819 - Script 'ServerScriptService.Ranker.mod', Line 7
10:29:34.820 - Stack End

I am using this and its not working.
My code (with a few things censored due to private details.)

local server = require(script.Parent)
local domain = 'CENSORED.herokuapp.com' -- same thing they're using, but my app.
local key = 'CENSORED' -- the correct key that i put in the settings.json (obviously censored)!
local groupId = 7501728 -- my group id
local userId = game:GetService'Players':GetUserIdFromNameAsync'chenlepony' -- chenlepony is my friend. im using him to test.
local api = server(domain, key, groupId)
api.promote(userId) -- this is the error.

The module script that’s parented as the script up there’s parent is here

I dont understand why its not working; I’m doing exactly what it told me to do (but without the print)

Hi there,
Im pretty sure this post might help you

Happy birthday btw

1 Like

The code you are using was written back in 2017. I am pretty sure that roblox.js is not longer supported or updated and as such it is a likely possibility that the code you are using is deprecated and no longer functional which would explain why it is no longer working.

I would suggest instead looking into noblox.js as I am pretty sure it is the much more popular alternative used by bot devs these days wishing to create things such as automated ranking. I would also suggest contacting a bot developer or looking into services offered by ones as it is likely you would have to remake the group ranker from scratch.

2 Likes

Thank you everybody! Without your help i’d be clueless.

also, thank you @SecurityOfficer6! :happy2: