Roblox gui that shows computer screen in realtime

I wasnt talking about vscode… I was talking about the thing i made, guess i replied to the wrong person. I agree with you, vscode is very well made :sob:

1 Like

bro that’s some drip keyboard, I only have the normal computers

oh so uh, it turns out that I already have everything I needed to make a video player. It was right there.

I had multiple videos turned into seperate Json files filled with RGB arrays stored within github. Then i thought, hmm thats interesting. Then thats when the idea came in, I can use my github repository to send in jsons of each array and turn it into strings! Then compress the strings with LZW compression (Due to large amounts of characters), then store each string in a table or in a folder filled with a list of StringValues. Then, use a image processing system to get each array and last but not least turn it into each frame of a video.

:exploding_head:

Question doe, I noticed that I can use RichText to import multiple pixels/colors within a text label. But, How can I use RichText to do such thing? I can’t just slap in an array…

1 Like

I didn’t know Roblox could interact with localhost, cool! But I’m curious about something, since the py script is posting something to localhost, wouldn’t this work with NodeJS?

Edit: YEP IT WORKS

2 Likes

HTTP 500 (INTERNAL SERVER ERROR)
Haven’t changed any of the code and I keep getting this error, where did I go wrong.

You may not be hosting the server correctly, that’s probably my only guess. google the error if you need to

Already fixed it, only issue was I forgot the template folder and index.html

2 Likes

I optimized the code to allow me to reuse the last pixels. I started getting about 3-5 fps on 200X100. Using lazy loading and lazy clearing for when I join and leave to prevent crashing.

Trying to learn python so I can compress the data when sending it over and uncompressed it on roblox’s side.

WARNING: This is a development server. Do not use it in a production deployment. Use a production WSGI server instead.
 * Running on all addresses (0.0.0.0)
 * Running on http://127.0.0.1:1111
 * Running on http://192.168.0.141:1111
Press CTRL+C to quit
[2022-11-07 19:02:46,987] ERROR in app: Exception on /test [POST]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Creepdasheep\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\flask\app.py", line 2525, in wsgi_app
    response = self.full_dispatch_request()
  File "C:\Users\Creepdasheep\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\flask\app.py", line 1822, in full_dispatch_request
    rv = self.handle_user_exception(e)
  File "C:\Users\Creepdasheep\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\flask\app.py", line 1820, in full_dispatch_request
    rv = self.dispatch_request()
  File "C:\Users\Creepdasheep\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\flask\app.py", line 1796, in dispatch_request
    return self.ensure_sync(self.view_functions[rule.endpoint])(**view_args)
  File "C:\Users\Creepdasheep\Documents\Screen\index.py", line 18, in test
    return render_template('index.html')
  File "C:\Users\Creepdasheep\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\flask\templating.py", line 146, in render_template
    template = app.jinja_env.get_or_select_template(template_name_or_list)
  File "C:\Users\Creepdasheep\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\jinja2\environment.py", line 1081, in get_or_select_template
    return self.get_template(template_name_or_list, parent, globals)
  File "C:\Users\Creepdasheep\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\jinja2\environment.py", line 1010, in get_template
    return self._load_template(name, globals)
  File "C:\Users\Creepdasheep\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\jinja2\environment.py", line 969, in _load_template
    template = self.loader.load(self, name, self.make_globals(globals))
  File "C:\Users\Creepdasheep\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\jinja2\loaders.py", line 126, in load
    source, filename, uptodate = self.get_source(environment, name)
  File "C:\Users\Creepdasheep\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\flask\templating.py", line 62, in get_source
    return self._get_source_fast(environment, template)
  File "C:\Users\Creepdasheep\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\flask\templating.py", line 98, in _get_source_fast
    raise TemplateNotFound(template)
jinja2.exceptions.TemplateNotFound: index.html
127.0.0.1 - - [07/Nov/2022 19:02:46] "POST /test HTTP/1.1" 500 -

C:\Users\Creepdasheep\Documents\Screen>C:\Users\Creepdasheep\Documents\Screen

Any idea?

I got the same! But if I go on the website manually it displays the correct thing.

Try creating a folder named “templates” in the place where your python script is located and put a file called “index.html” in there

Im pretty sure roblox doesnt allow this. Might be wrong.

is there way to customize it like if a key pressed ???

didnt work output HTTP 500 (INTERNAL SERVER ERROR)
even tho i added the folder and file what address running on all addresses (0.0.0.0)

PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: ‘ss.png’

I am getting HTTP 500 (INTERNAL SERVER ERROR)
Is there a way to fix this?

Cool, this looks great! I’ve made stuff like this before that played videos and high res images, but ones that worked in-game using some webserver stuff.

Making a frame for each pixel has some issues performance, though, because of how laggy it is. I think you’d need something like CanvasDraw to render it performantly.

Write ‘sudo’ before the command where you run the program and then enter your password. It will run the code as root and you should not get Access Denied errors.

1 Like

i dont really understand by sudo with what

My bad, I meant in the terminal run “sudo python3 RblxDesktop.py” or if that doesn’t work try “sudo python RblxDesktop.py” in the terminal. You can do this by right clicking on the folder that the python file is in and clicking Open in command line, or open in terminal, something along those lines and then run the comman from there.

sudo is for macos and Linux

But if you are on windows try:

Right click → Run as administrator

1 Like

I don’t think you can do 320p because there is a hard limit where the gui would stop rendering(Am I the first to discover this limit of 80k something frames)
image_2023-09-19_143425054