Roblox having major physics issues

Can confirm, on a variety of games which involve guns and categories such as scrimmages and/or 1v1s, there have been a range of “exploit” reports, when it was this issue, as on some players screens, other players would be at different positions, however, on said “other” player’s screen, they were right next to the person who reported them.

1 Like

I’m also having issues with my game, people with slow internet are having weird issues with cars, i’m assuming that’s because scripts are being slow, as well as cars are not moving on some people’s clients.

1 Like

rotvelocity isn’t replicating for some people (and from the odd-moving marble’s perspective, they’re rolling around fast, not “walking” slowly)

(clients manually set RotVelocity while pushing with a VectorForce)

robloxapp-20200430-0845575_3.wmv (2.6 MB)

1 Like

I’ve been having these issues in multiple games in studio. Replicating anything seems to take forever

3 Likes

I believe it might be due to the large increase in players over the couple of past days, roblox servers haven’t been having it good lately in the past month. Evident from the increase of players seen on the front page usually as of now, topping above 10k players for each game.

1 Like

I’ve had reports of this issue regularly over the past 24 hours. In some cases it was so bad that the user themselves was unable to move, and was being pushed around in a similar way as a character would if it had a cancollide part welded to the bottom of its legs. The game is completely unplayable.

I have issues when i’m playing a game like arsenal. Everything is fine but when I climb a ladder or jump, I just freeze. The game is still working and I can see other people moving, but I’m just stuck and I cant move or talk.

We identified a feature release that would potentially cause distributed physics issues related to the 2nd (and possibly 3rd) player that joins a given server instance. We have disabled the related feature in the short term and expect the issues to be cleared soon.

20 Likes

I’m having the same problem as well. My characters are not sync and my in-game clock is slowed a lot. A second in the games takes about 5 to 8 seconds.

1 Like

The same problem happens to me both on pc and on mobile. From lag unexpectedly to exiting the ‘Join Server’ screen cause it freezes upon joining. When opening the developer console, CoreMemory(not CoreGui) seems to have higher memory then any other object in the server.

I have a feeling that this is another problem about an exploit script, we just had the issue again today.
Changing the hours of when we started our game session earlier and the whole 40 minutes of the game went by easily until seconds later at the time that we usually start our game, our game suddenly skyrockets in ping. It’s obvious this person running this exploit script just didn’t know we started at a different time.

The server doesn’t have any performance issues on the microprofiller, it practically is just the client not receiving any updates from the server about physics and remote events (chats).

I’m not sure if it might be that a script is just slamming a lot of RemoteFunctions or RemoteEvents to hit a network limit of some sort.

There is a lot of printing about CoreGui though, so that’s something.

5 Likes

It would seem this issue has reemerged as of recent, with several of my games being affected by this. It is unclear whether more games are affected by this.

I did make a seperate thread some time ago to which a user linked to this thread so i believe that by replying to this thread as well, it may be of additional usage.

2 Likes

I am also experiencing this problem that has been occurring in the past ~5 days. At first I thought it was something that we messed up but I noticed the server saw the client positions correctly whereas the clients would see each other floating where they spawned.

This is extremely game-breaking for the players who believe that there are invisible/teleporting hackers. I hope you can get this problem resolved soon.

3 Likes

We’re having to temporally shut down our game until this issue is resolved. It’s been several day now with player positions not replicating correctly on clients when they’re in the correct position on the server. This is drastically impacting gameplay.

We’ll be losing out on a significant amount of revenue during this time and it’s going to stall our games growth on an issue that we can’t even fix.

3 Likes

Getting similar issues on my game. Player’s positions are not updating and, at one point, my brand new beast of a computer which normally runs at 60fps was getting 10fps. This is a huge problem for my game as its a railway simulator, and when players freeze, so do the trains, and when the positions of the players finally update, loads of trains are inside each other causing some very unwanted results.

For me some players don’t move while others do, while for others, different players will move and other’s won’t. This issue has taken place on a server with as little as 4 people.

3 Likes

Anytime that you see CoreGui’s disappearing, that’s an issue with having to load too much things with a GUI. I’ve seen that issue before, seems to be a rendering limit of how many SurfaceGui or BillboardGui you can have ingame. Could be someone that is spamming a chat event for you?

One potential cause of desyncing seems to be from complex assemblies. I can reproduce character desyncing, on a baseplate, with a single (unanchored) assembly of 144 rope constraints; but a simplified assembly of 36 constraints will cause no desync, even if there are 100 copies of it.

2 Likes

Definitely seeing this issue too. My game, which relies heavily on moving parts, is seeing some serious lag problems and bizarre physics glitches.

2 Likes

It’s happening to my game a little bit too. I noticed that the AI won’t do as much as they used to, probably because of physics issues.

Recently I’ve noticed that my game has had EXTREME physics lag. When I opened the developer console and viewed “Server jobs”, the “Simulation” job percentage was well over 100x what any other job’s was. After anchoring every single part in the game, it seems like the lag has disappeared for the most part.

The strange thing is, right now I’m using one of the default template maps (the castle one) as a placeholder map until our real map is completed. I tried to un-anchor only the parts that need to move, such as the doors, draw-bridge, and portcullis, and even that would make the game unplayable.

2 Likes