Roblox Heavily Downscaling Mesh Assets

Roblox Studio never fails to amaze me with such ridiculous findings, this tends to be a weekly occurrence.

This developed mesh asset is made out of 24,000 Vertices, compared to Roblox “Builder” workflow, this would easily be up in the 200,000s. How come they have no limitations to geometry for this now said bad workflow a traditional builder uses where there are loads of overused spam for Vertices, but people with a workflow outside of Roblox with clean topology has to deal with such harsh limitations.

Not to mention the textures, these are 2048x2048 textures, and to my eye, in Roblox this does not even look like 1080p, it it where to be, it’s heavily compressed, decompressed and reimagined. Really struggling here Roblox.

I’d love to discuss solutions for this current problem. I’ve already tried exporting as OBJ/FBX/GLB and splitting up the mesh, but it seems like it’s calculating on fidelity as well, so I’d have to cut down EVEN MORE on detail to get rid of this effect. The meshes are also set to Precise in it’s rendering option.
What to do?

And if you’re a Roblox Core Developer reading this,
will there be any improvements on things like Mesh Importing - including this?

Any & all replies are deeply appreciated - genuinely,
GrenadeNade.

Screenshot 2024-02-04 214558

1 Like

Roblox has a triangle count limit on Asset Manager Mesh uploads, and the Import 3D option can bypass that. Whichever method you used might have affected it.

1 Like

Split the model into 2 and import them separately :man_shrugging:

1 Like

As mention in the post.
“I’ve already tried exporting as OBJ & FBX and splitting up the mesh, but it seems like it’s calculating on fidelity as well, so I’d have to cut down EVEN MORE on detail to get rid of this effect.”

Its the easiest way to do it ive made it like this for hello neighbor assets and it worked well

You can try importing by avatars but i dont know if this will work somehow