Roblox icons fitting with macOS

Since the macOS Big Sur update all icons were replaced by rounded corners. Many app developers changed to this too. But Roblox never updated their icons to Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines. And that’s been bothering me for a while, so I decided to do this myself. And I’ve been using it for a while, and it’s great. Now I can let stay the apps on my dock, without hurting my eyes. That’s why I decided to share this with the community, because I know a lot of you are struggling with this.

Before & After

Before

After

Steps

1. Download the icons
  2. Open Finder
  3. Press Command + C to copy the icon
  4. Go to Applications
  5. Find Roblox or Roblox Studio
  6. Use Command + I to see the application info
  7. Click on the small icon at top of the application info to select it

1. Press Command + V to paste the image
  2. Save all changes and close Finder

:warning: You have to reopen the application to process the changes, and making it visible.

Assets

Roblox

Roblox Studio

Hopefully this solution will work as well as it did for me. If there is enough demand, there may be an update with your input.

12 Likes

Looks great!
Whenever there is an Update, do I need to change the Icons again?

Even though I’m on Windows, I think it would look kinda odd, but good with it on Windows too!

It amazes me Roblox hasn’t done this yet haha

1 Like

The icon borders a slightly tilted. Nice work though, probably should use the new roblox icons instead of the legacy.

I made this studio and player icon a while back which solve the same issue your icons do. I may as well share them here.

9 Likes

Honestly I like the roblox icons without the rounded corners better.

Even though I’m not using what you’ve made, I would like to tell you that it looks great and I’m glad that you did this for everyone! I especially like how you made the roblox one red, the default one should be that way too.

Did I hear you can change icons? :smiley:
Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 12.49.49 AM
wanted to do this for years…

also made a few a while back, not a macOS user though, so I don’t know the exact requirements for icons (e.g. how much a corner has to be rounded, and how big the icon should be inside)