Roblox image asset previews are broken

any updates on this issue?

it is a bit hard to tell which image is which when they all look like this

(these could probably be sold as an NFT though)

1 Like

I have had problems with corruption, but I have found a new problem. I can’t start things about website bugs so I thought I might shed some light on it here if that’s alright…
some of my decals are now not transparent, even though they were originally. I first noticed this when I uploaded a decal that had transparency that had a lower-opacity brush used (Making it semi transparent, but that wasn’t why). They appear just fine when viewed in inventory though (or viewed on the website where you can search for a decal. ).

glitch example2
I believe this may be a side-effect of the fix, correct me if I am wrong.

1 Like

I’ve uploaded some yesterday and they still do the same thing

2 Likes

This error is still happening to me.

All of them are completely unrelated, as the originals don’t have color. Its making it impossible for me to make UI

2 Likes

I’ve encountered corrupted decals in a new way. One of my oldest ones got corrupted in a strange way

That wasn’t originally… transparent…? The white part looks like an avatar head…which is a little creepy.
Here’s another screenshot

I don’t have the original on this computer…but you can probably assume that its not supposed to look like that by now.
Recently this also happened to a different decal, both of which were black and white, so i think it has something to do with if the decal is transparent and if it is black and white (didn’t have the lines )

3 Likes

Thank you for reporting these. We’ve fixed the issue and all Decals uploaded before March 26, 2021 should now have correct thumbnails. Any Decals uploaded between March 26, 2021 and April 21, 2021 will take a max of 30 days to be fixed. Please let us know if you are still seeing this issue.

6 Likes

Please submit a new bug report if you see any issues.

2 Likes

I just uploaded several images and one of their previews has had what looks like the silhouette of another player’s avatar applied to it:
2021-04-26 13_53_01

2021-04-26 13_50_05

The actual uploaded image looks correct in Studio:

2021-04-26 13_56_16

The other two also have odd previews:
2021-04-26 14_05_36-Greenshot
2021-04-26 14_05_37-Greenshot

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.