Roblox is now available on Meta Quest!

… Meta and Oculus are the same thing, and the other two headsets already have Roblox VR support.

5 Likes

the oculus quest was originally invented by palmer luckey, facebook then acquired them which is disappointing to hear. but yes they appear to be the same thing, regardless I really don’t like having facebook poking around in places they shouldn’t be like roblox. but that’s just my opinion.

5 Likes

They aren’t really poking around anywhere, its just the game is releasing on Meta devices. By that logic, Apple would be poking around in Roblox for 10 years now!

6 Likes

Want to just say I highly support this! If Meta is going to support those younger age groups regardless, Roblox may as well too, as that is a large part of our user base.

Admittedly though, I’m not sure this should really be considered out of beta, in a way. In order to have VR experiences that are different from other platforms (such as controller tracking, moving, etc.), you still need to depend on a third-party module, which a large amount of VR-supported games have. This isn’t exactly the most user-friendly experience, I would expect these core features to be built-in.

Additionally, I also want to state that PC VR support is still useful, please do not drop this! I’m noticing many of the newer features aren’t being enabled when playing through the quest link (or elsewhere). I don’t like that direction, PC VR players should have the same experience as Quest players. PC VR is almost essential to development in many cases if you want to use Studio in real-time, however, getting an oddly different UX across PC/Quest platforms doesn’t help when developing for VR.

I also personally would prefer PC VR when just causally playing as well, so I can easily access desktop applications, screen share/stream, voice chat, etc.

7 Likes

Switch next, please? Been waiting for years, and it would have a way larger audience than Meta Quest.

7 Likes

when is support for samsung smart fridge coming?

8 Likes

Finally, switch support is confirmed!

6 Likes

you have to be 13+ to even use the meta this changed, outdated information, I sincerely apologize for spreading misinformation on the internet and this will not be happening again.

Switch support is coming to roblox btw…

4 Likes

Playing ROBLOX on vr really drains my oculus battery life, they really weren’t joking when they said:

Pls Donate makes my headset die in like 2 seconds…

8 Likes

Epic! Will definitely try it out later! (Biggest question however… Does it have Hyperion and/or some kind of exploit protection? :thinking:)

2 Likes

Definitely trying this out! This should be interesting to make experiences for! >:)

4 Likes

I’ve not been able to hear others use voice chat in VR. Other people say I don’t even have voice chat in VR, but I do when I play on the computer. Personally, I don’t know how to check for errors on VR so I’ll have to figure that out and see if there are any.

Pretty sure it does. All the images in the VR app were blurry at first, and I saw a bug report about all images being blurry after Hyperion was added in the mobile app. Assuming the same happened for VR since the VR menu is almost identical to the mobile app.

4 Likes

Well if thats the case then you definitely most likely don’t take good care of your Meta Quest.

Mine was doing just fine the whole time and Beat Saber drained it more than Roblox.
So in reality, if you take good care of your headset, then the battery will do perfect
on any game.

3 Likes

It was randomly getting an endless boot where it flashed the meta quest logo it shows on startup. I left it hanging around for a while, after multiple fixes I tried didn’t work. Ieft it charged for a while, and it turned back on the next day. It’s probably overcharged.

2 Likes

It will be the oculus quest for me forever idc what they call it.
ANYWAY, this is freaking great

1 Like

Yeah uh it sounds ur meta quest is doomed :skull:

4 Likes

It works fine now, it just dies quickly when playing roblox.

3 Likes

It would be nice if it could animate your avatar’s head and arm movements like the camera option does. And blend those movements with the in-game animations. Motion from a camera and motion from a VR device should be handled the same way.

3 Likes

this is literally a huge step for roblox.

1 Like

nvm i didn’t notice the last reply

1 Like