Roblox is Silencing Games – What Are They Hiding From Us?

its the principle of the thing buddy (its a blatant copy of an existing game)

1 Like

congratulations you just found the problem with your game

3 Likes

also just fyi the devforum isnt a place to put your conspiracy theories about roblox. Also something like this would also go better in #development-discussion

1 Like

you just released the game so it will not be found in search results, the game has to get in the algorithm, this is not a conspiracy roblox is hiding nothing lol

1 Like

i just tried your game, and it seems to be a little too clunky. No offense, but it feels like someone took fnaf 1, and just chucked it a couple times against a wall, than stuffed it into the rblx engine.

Edit: The beginning of night 1, the news paper clipping, was just ripped from fnaf 1, so either get rid of it, or change it.

2 Likes

By making a fan game, you limit yourself to that audience of people and the game design (for better or worse). Not only that, but you limit yourself by being on Roblox, not having multiplayer, lacking extensive monetization (annoying thing), and having the same title as a bunch of other people.

For the Search algorithm side of things, I want to give the full quote by Roblox (so I can show the source, and then my summary):

In short, focus on good metadata (could be worked on), making a good game (subjective, but good quality imo), and wait for Roblox to improve their systems (semantic search and otherwise). Here’s a good quote that clarifies what “metadata” is:

If you haven’t, I can recommend going through the entire post by Roblox about Discovery. There’s likely some connection between Search & the Discovery algorithm at large that is covered, but there’s also likely portions that aren’t.

Audience

In Roblox’s Docs on the Roblox User Base, it states that players enjoy “low friction”, “content variety”, and “social connection”.

Low Friction:

• Your game allows players to ‘find the fun’ quickly, in a sense, by it being easy to start a new game or continue.
  • Limited by the game design of FNAF 1.
    • When dying, it doesn’t exactly tell you what you did wrong or what to do right. You are meant to learn from your mistakes, and so an approach like Doors (with a message when you die) would be helpful for new players who don’t know what FNAF is. (that might not be the audience though, which would also be a limiting factor).

Content Variety:

• When Roblox says this, they are talking about the platform at large, not an individual game. That said, your game contributes to the content variety on Roblox, offering a (subjectively and an objectively) highly quality experience.
    • By that, I mean some players can respect the quality of the game but dislike the core loop or maybe even the genre from an enjoyment standpoint. I think oversaturation in the FNAF fan game genre on Roblox can be a turnoff for many. Some will think they’ve already experienced that kind of game and write it off, but I digress.

Social Connection:

• This is the biggest thing I think. Roblox prides itself on the social aspect of things. And, your game is locked to single-player, a Server Size of 1. Social connection is built into Roblox’s algorithm and user base, so your game is going to inherently going to be lower than multiplayer games in a genre (usually).
    • What I mean here it that you need to compensate for that in some way. For example, Paid Access or a higher quality experience. It depends on aspirations: money, fame, just making a good game? It can be a bit of everything or none of them.

Monetization:

Roblox does use this in their algorithm and it makes sense for them to do so. “If Steam knows they can make money by people your store page, then they will obviously do that”. This applies to Roblox as well.

I say this because your game is lacking in terms of monetization. You have a donation system, but not much else. There is of course likely vary valid reasons for this. I assume it’s a passion project, the goal is to note make money. And, the 2nd reason would be that it’s a FNAF fan game. You’re not supposed to be making money off of it like that, I think.

Also, side note, the donation prompts are broken for 10R$ and 25R$:

• 10R$ option, when pressed, says my account wasn’t charged and there was an issue.
  • 25R$ option, when pressed, prompts me for 100R$.

There’s probably more, but yeah I’ve written quite a bit. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

all the games that come up first on search have the SAME NAME AS YOURS!!! :exploding_head: IT TOOK ME 12 YEARS TO FIGURE OUT THIS CONCLUSION!

2 Likes

Man, they aren’t just silencing games.
They are also silencing Developers here as well.

My post got hidden and silence up, I can’t even find it on Creations Feedback even though I post it in Creations Feedback - Massives NPCs Game in Roblox - Thousands moving visible NPC tested in my own place

I also posted a lot of innovative way to create concepts of games that was not made possible in Roblox yet, yet they are like ghosted up and when I try to promote anywhere I get silenced up.

And they don’t even close this post even though it’s more a “Discussion”
Wow, nvm, Roblox entire team just hate me :person_shrugging:

1 Like

At this point, you’re seeing patterns that aren’t there.

https://devforum.roblox.com/search?expanded=true&q=Massives%20NPCs%20Game%20in%20Roblox%20-%20Thousands%20moving%20visible%20NPC%20tested%20in%20my%20own%20place%201

I can definitely find it when I search up your stuff. Your post is literally competing against all other posts for views. It is not that rocket science.

3 Likes

It’s visible now? I mean it was obviously bumped but yknow

1 Like

Scroll down. How many posts are there

Du-uh… You’re literally competing against other posts…

2 Likes

topics go further down until they get bumped by the edit on the topic or a new reply…

that’s quite literally how the forum works, and other forums too.

2 Likes

This makes a lot of sense and I have studied game design outside of this experience.

When analyzing my own game, I can see that my game makes several mistakes in the core gameplay loop, being in a saturated genre, etc.

However, theres not much I can do other than if I were to:

1. Move away from the original fnaf concept and instead add things like a unique story and mechanics. I would probably need to add unique monsters and such.
  2. Add multiplayer and maybe free roam.
  3. Use a different map
  4. Fix functionality: I would probably need to redo a lot of scripts to be more modular, and thus more functional.

Challenges:

Its not very encouraging toward future support of the game, especially toward my proposed solution of redoing a lot of elements, because of the lack of success I am seeing currently. I am worrying that all the effort I would put in would go to nothing. There is a common critique I give for the horror genre: They’re limited in appeal. I would say that just like horror movies, there are lots of people who would avoid overly scary games and prefer combat/social games more. I also critique the replayability of horror games since stories and such are more of a one and done, especially with YouTubers featuring the content.

However, I feel as though these changes are against what I originally wanted this game: I wanted the original Fnaf experience for those who cant typically access it.

Also thanks for the feedback that the donation system is messed up. If you found that by trying to donate, thanks for your donation!

2 Likes

You should change the name of your post. Your current title: Massives NPCs Game in Roblox - Thousands moving visible NPC tested in my own place Has the criques of:

1. Its too lengthy
  2. I don’t understand what its saying
  3. Its not clicky.

Since I don’t understand what its saying its hard for me to give suggestions however my general advice is to make the title of your topic more interesting than the topic itself. For example my current topic (Roblox is Silencing Games – What Are They Hiding From Us?) is “clicky” because it suggests a broader issue: Roblox is hiding games. It suggests an ominous reason for doing, even potentially malicious. However when you go to my actual post you will see my more individualized situation.

Here are some examples of more engaging and concise titles based on the feedback you received:

1. “Battlefield Overload: Can Roblox Handle 20,000 NPCs?”

This title highlights the massive scale of NPCs while hinting at potential performance issues.

2. “The Future of NPC Battles: 20K Troops in Roblox!”

This one suggests innovation and invites curiosity about the mechanics behind it.

3. “Can Roblox Revolutionize NPC Warfare with 20K Characters?”

This title raises questions about the potential for change in gameplay dynamics.

4. “Testing Limits: 20,000 Moving NPCs in Roblox!”

Focusing on the testing aspect creates intrigue about your experimental project.

5. “Roblox NPCs: How Many Can You Control?”

This title encourages interaction and discussion about player control over NPCs.

6. “Massive NPCs: The Next Frontier in Roblox Gaming?”

This suggests that your game is part of a larger trend, enticing readers to explore.

7. “Epic Battles: Testing 20K NPCs in My Roblox Game!”

Using “epic” adds excitement, while also specifying the focus on battles.

8. “Can Roblox Support 20,000 NPCs? Join the Experiment!”

This title invites readers to participate and emphasizes the experimental nature of your project.

1 Like

I appreciate and commend that. And, I don’t think you should change your original vision. If anything, I want to support creators more who stray from what Roblox’s limiting system pushes.

I want to see a world where your game can be better supported on Roblox. I think changing search and discovery, in addition to bringing people outside the Roblox audience, is the way to do that. But, I digress.

1 Like

there are maybe 12 fnaf fangames on the platform that are 10 times better than yours :slight_smile:

Multiply that by two. also maybe if you squared it that would be more accurate ngl

I take that back cube it

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback regarding the game. What are some games you think are better, and what do you like more about that?

Also I am aware of FNAF: Coop, but as I mentioned its not actually the original game since they have stuff like free roam.

Fnaf 2 reimagined blows your game from the water by a lot. And than theres an help wanted port, which includes fnaf 1-4, and also, why would you want an non original game? Whats the point? Why would anyone want to play your game when there are more interesting games like Fnaf:Coop or Forgotten memories?

• Fnaf 2 Reimagined is FNaf 2 not fnaf 1.
  • Fnaf: coop doesnt stick to the original gameplay
  • Help wanted port has worse graphics.

My game is the best Fnaf 1 game on roblox, that sticks to the original gameplay.