Roblox keeps updating me to a non-functional version

Whenever i exit a roblox experience i get this prompt. If i click the “Update Roblox” button, roblox will install an update. After i Install the update, joining any roblox experince will give me this error:
NVIDIA_Share_5OgZQsxOSn
The only way to fix this is to uninstall roblox completely or play roblox on an alt account, which will install the correct/functioning version of roblox; but will once agian bring up the prompt to update roblox upon closing a roblox experience.

I think this is related to the beta channel i am subscribed to so am including the version and beta-channel as a separate attachment for staff.

A private message is associated with this bug report

3 Likes

One would expect to see an Update BUTTON inside the Roblox Player of a Multi Billion $$$ Company App.
Seems I have to uninstall as well… Terrible setup.

EDIT: Don’t know why the heck it does not allow uninstall now as well.

3 Likes

It does have a update button whenever i quit the game; the issue is that when i press said update button it puts me on a version thats considered out of date; so i can only join roblox experiences directly from the site.

Well… while I was struggling to even open the Player… it kept crashing & saying I need to update.
It kind if defeats the point to have an update on a working model… when it won’t even allow you to open it.
Backward mentality ? Not how normal software updates work. Silly Roblox.

Are you enrolled in the Avatar Auto Setup beta on your account by any chance?

Haven’t heard of that so probably not.

Mentioning it as you said you were in a beta channel, and the Alpha Auto Setup alpha has issues with joining games, and you seem to be experiencing similar issues

I’m on an beta channel for the ad system instead. Can’t find on Google how to unsubscribe from it

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

1 Like

Hi @chesse20, it looks like you were unintentionally added to a beta channel. I just removed you from the channel, so you shouldn’t see this issue any more. However, you might be forced to update one more time to install the latest production build.
I’m sorry you had to go through this experience. Thank you for the detailed report!

5 Likes

This seems to have worked, thanks for fixing the issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.