ROBLOX launcher plugin for Firefox 64-bit

Mozilla recently (last December) started releasing 64-bit versions of Firefox. 64-bit versions of Firefox cannot use 32-bit Firefox plugins, so the existing ROBLOX launcher plugin for Firefox is incompatible. It’d be great if the ROBLOX launcher plugin for Firefox had a 64-bit version so we can launch ROBLOX on newer versions of Firefox.

2 Likes

For what reason does a browser need to be 64bit? Memory limit doesn’t seem to be a reason, so why?

1 Like

64-bit computing

I couldn’t explain to you exactly why since I’m not an expert in computer architecture, but apparently 64-bit applications are better suited for multi-tasking (e.g. lots and lots of tabs). I’ve had rampant problems with Firefox freezing when I have lots of tabs open, so I installed 64-bit Firefox to see if that helped.

1 Like

Chrome Chrome Chrome Chrome Chrome

2 Likes

Until Chrome lets me actually customize its UI like I can with Firefox, no. Not leaving behind this:

1 Like

6 Likes

Security > everything else. I would rather be saved from a piece of malware than have a pretty toolbar, and that’s basically the premise of Chrome.
obligatory decentsecurity article

1 Like

I love how you can hack Firefox into anything you want, but I’ve come the love the “it just works” mentality behind Chrome. And it’s much more responsive than Firefox in my experience.

1 Like

We’re working on a new launch flow for Firefox since Mozilla is removing plugin support in near future; 64-bit FF should be fixed by that work as well.

4 Likes

Interesting. When I used Firefox I used a 64bit client called Waterfox that supported 32bit extensions. I wonder why they’re suddenly incompatible now.

1 Like

Plugins – not extensions. Waterfox doesn’t support 32-bit plugins either. I tried using it one to two years ago and had to uninstall it because it couldn’t launch ROBLOX.

1 Like

Ah, different things. Didn’t realize.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.