Roblox loading script runs past deadline

Reproduction Steps

I’m not sure how to reproduce this, but really anyone using studio with all the beta features has to be running into this. Right?

Expected Behavior

The game to close, without having to wait 30-40 seconds because this while loop is going mental.

Actual Behavior

Not running script because past shutdown deadline - Server
14:18:47.661 Stack Begin - Studio
14:18:47.661 Script ‘CoreGui.ScreenGui.ScrollingFrame.Loading.Script’, Line 1 - Studio
14:18:47.661 Stack End - Studio

The script:

while wait() do
if script.Parent.Visible == true then
script.Parent.Rotation = script.Parent.Rotation + 5
end
end

Workaround

No.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Performance
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-11-14 00:11:00 (-05:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-11-20 00:11:00 (-05:00)

4 Likes

The stack trace doesn’t look like it comes from a CoreScript. Did you try disabling all of your plugins to see if the culprit was a plugin?

1 Like

Yeah, it’s something to do with the new loading screen. It’s not any of my plugins

1 Like

That would be interesting, LoadingScript has no parent so when it errors, it’s full name is just ‘LoadingScript’ in the stack trace.

Where did you get this code?

1 Like

By clicking the stack trace, it’s in a script called “script”, no idea where it is as it’s not showing in explorer. Kinda annoying, takes me 30-40 seconds to shut down game after testing.

1 Like

You can open CoreGui by enabling Studio Settings > Studio > Explorer > Show Core GUI in Explorer while Playing. Click the stack trace again after this, or go to where the stack trace says (CoreGui.ScreenGui.etc…)

Does the script happen to have a RunContext? Is it not, specifically, a “Script” when looking at the ClassName?

1 Like

Thats the problem, there’s literally nothing there

1 Like

That’s… interesting. I’m not quite sure what the error is then if all of your plugins and beta features were disabled. I’m so sorry about that. I hope someone finds the solution to your problem.

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We are looking into this.

2 Likes

Hello @Audrey,
Could you let me know if you are still able to reproduce this problem? If so, what beta features have you enabled?

1 Like

Hello @Jaudr3y
Since we cannot reproduce this problem and no further information is given, I will have to close the issue. Feel free to leave comment on how to reproduced if you think the issue still presents.
Thanks for your time on this!

1 Like