Roblox Message Anti Scam/Spam, Tracking and Prevention - RTrack Phishing Rod

Get the RTrack Extension, with Phishing Rod:

RTrack Phishing Rod

Phishing rod is an anti spam and scam message system for your Roblox message inbox. It functions on croudsourced, anonymised and obfuscated message data collection, which is collected via the RTrack extension.

Through the extension, messages which have been seen multliple times before are marked as “likely spam”. At a glance, you can decide whether or not to open the message, and filter out messages to read from genuine people without malicious intent.

How Phishing Rod keeps your data safe

The RTrack extension (which includes Phishing Rod) does not send the raw message, or subject to RTrack’s servers. The extension uses the Simhash algorithm on the message title and body before sending the hash to RTrack, which only functions as a way of comparing the similarity of those messages to other messages sent. The message title or body are not sent to RTrack or seen by RTrack, ever.

Open sourcing Phishing Rod data

Long term plans are to open source as much of the phishing rod data as possible, but the core ideology of RTrack is that privacy and security come before anything else. For now, you can go to Phishing Rod Roblox Spam Message Detection & Monitoring - RTrack to see the number of messages recorded overall, plus the number detected as spam on a daily basis updated live. In future, with enough data to leverage, we would like to introduce tools to allow early instant identification of new scams on the Roblox platform - and tools to track the movement of specific spam groups across the platform, without compromising the privacy of ordinary users.

22 Likes

This seems like a good idea, however I would need someone that I trust to back this up. If, and when this plugin is cleared, I might install it.

1 Like

I’ll take a look at the extension code and tell you if I see anything suspicious.

I take lots of classes on programming, so I will be able recognize anything that could potentially be potentially bad for us.

You can see exactly what’s sent to the extension by pressing F12 on roblox.com, going to the Network tab and searching for “gamestats.rtrack.live”, this is where POST requests are sent to.

1 Like

SteadyOn is a trusted developer if that helps.

If you really are on edge you can download the crx (Google extension file) and then unpack it to see the source.

Here’s the website I use for doing this.

3 Likes

Really cool idea! Queston, will it ever be on Firefox?