Roblox Mobile Concept Art

Heyo, I’ve come up with a new design for Roblox, on mobile.

Most of them don’t have a big redesign, just some slight, but user-friendly adjustment.

Changes
I’ve shifted notifications into the bottom, as there was clearly not enough to put it in the top unless you want to reduce the padding, which might make the UI no longer user-friendly.

Rather than having a section called “Friends (X)”, I renamed it to “Your friends” making it sounds more natural and friendly.

Also, I’ve added a text just next to the arrows, indicating you can view more of the items (“View all”)

I’ve shifted the view all arrow and text to the right since it’s really messy to see it stuck to the heading.

I’ve readjusted the paddings for friends and games to make it more touch-friendly, around 30px.

The bounding box for each nav-item in the bottom nav-bar is 66px by 80px. Much touch-friendly.

Lastly, IOS-like blurring for top-nav and bottom-nav

Dark mode

New features
Live feeds
To replace status, this allows users to publish a card-like message to all of their friends instantly and will send a notification to all online users who allowed notifications.

22 Likes

I really like this design, it’s really useful and user friendly! Roblox should have you as a designer.

3 Likes

Looks actually nice but the “your friends” part is redundant. good work!

2 Likes

I love this! I’d really love this to become a thing, especially the Live Feeds. An Instagram-Story system seems like a very fun idea for Roblox! Though moderation would be quite hard to deal with on this.

2 Likes

Ah, that section will be for live feeds, so you can click on the avatar as long as they have a feed, and long tap to view user, join game, etc.

2 Likes

Updates!!

Chat app, redesigned

so, what are the changes?

:drum: Introducing…

Status rings

Status rings appear when they are either in-game, online or developing.
A blue ring will appear when the user is in-game, meanwhile green equal to online, orange equal to in Roblox Studio, which no ring means offline.

Next, :drum:

Smart replies

seems familar…

Smart replies are based on your current conversation, the system will scan through messages and will pick the best responses for you, so you can click and reply.

4 Likes

Since chat filtering is a thing, we can use it as a moderation utility.

1 Like

It makes Roblox look more like an Android home screen.

I love it! It’s a really nice design! I really want this to become a thing!

1 Like

True, you raise a fair point. People do easily bypass though.

1 Like