Roblox model is see through when imported into blender

If you haven’t read the title already (for some reason), whenever I try importing a roblox model into blender, it becomes see-through. But everything else works fine. (Like this sphere) image

Example: image

However, when I render an image (cycles) of said model, it seems to not be translucent:

I’ve tried looking on the devforum and google, but I haven’t found anything.

(Pls no bully me for using Help and Feedback & Building Support as my category, I don’t know where else to put it.)

Edit: I’m in Blender 2.92 btw.

6 Likes

try looking at the face orientation in face orientation mode. Anywhere with red means that the faces are facing inwards instead of outwards

2 Likes

2 Likes

I’ve had similar issues when importing a car mesh to studio. The face orientation was correct, but some faces were still not visible. I fixed them by deleting them and re-filling them or correcting weird vertices. Idk how difficult that would be for your situation though because it seems more severe unless I’m looking at the images wrong

edit: read the title wrong sorry. If you’re making a gfx or something you’ll need to render it anyway, so I don’t think its that big of a problem. Roblox model imports to blender always turn out weird for me too.

1 Like

well, i’m trying to make an animation, and I think being in viewport shading will be a pain in the arse

2 Likes

Just recalculate the normals (Ctrl+N) and it should fix it.

1 Like

image This is what comes up when I press CTRL+N. I tried in object mode, I tried selecting all the faces and pressing Ctrl+N, I tried unselecting everything and then pressing Ctrl+N. Nothing.

Edit: The keybind is actually Alt+N.

1 Like

I think he means ctrl+N in studio and then export it

1 Like

Nope, pressing Ctrl+N in studio would open another window.

1 Like

There is a feature to see through pets in blender look at the top right of the 3D viewport and if the picture of a box is blue try clicking it

1 Like

You mean in roblox studio? Or blender, because I don’t see a “blue box” in either.

1 Like

I’m not sure about that but i had this issue if your model has a lot of descendants it can cause this issue to fix it u will have to select all the childrens and descendants of that model or just ungroup it and export it back, again, not sure it will work for you. But it worked for me.

1 Like

Help Here’s an image of what it looks like

1 Like

Doesn’t seem to work. But thanks everyone for the help!

1 Like

1 Like

I forgot they changed hotkeys depending on the version of blender. It really is stupid that they did that.

1 Like

Eh, it just takes one google search right?

1 Like

This is a blender issue, not something you can fix inside of studio.

1 Like

I didn’t need to search google though because it is muscle memory to me by now.

1 Like

did you check the alpha on your models texture

1 Like