Roblox Moderated an Appropriate Image

So I did a GFX ad for someone and it got Moderated for being inappropriate. I don’t understand it. Here is the the ad.

I am really confused. :confused: Please help.

9 Likes

This may be due to the realistic background.

(30charssss)

9 Likes

It may have just been a bug with the detection system Roblox uses to filter through all the advertisements.

6 Likes

There was a moderator note saying it was inappropriate and not to upload inappropriate content. But it didn’t give specifications.

6 Likes

Roblox is super vague with why things were flagged and it’s one of the issues I sometime deal with. It’s probably just the background or possible a mistake on either the A.I.s part or a humans part.

5 Likes

I am one of the Developers of the game and also have no idea how and why this got moderated for being inappropriate. It might have been a bug, but we’ll try to find out the reason.

4 Likes

Being the creator of this game it sucks very much this issue stop’s the launch of my game along with @iminhercheeks this is very inconvenient and is a putback

#fix the moderation bot…

5 Likes

@Disparrel @supergonks @Zingo_Dev Roblox uses real human moderators to handle image content. There is no bot. Please avoid guessing and suggesting things in support categories if you’re not reasonably sure that you’re correct. A good rule of thumb is if you can’t explain why you’re likely correct, you shouldn’t say anything.

This was most likely moderated because of the After image. That character is uncomfortably detailed and gets a little bit too close to nudity to be appropriate. Moderators likely just chose to err on the side of caution with it.

19 Likes

Even though the buff noob is the same level of nudity as the normal rig I understand.

2 Likes

This article would disagree with the lack of AI used in the moderation process.

8 Likes

I’ve seen many ads with the same thing so that makes no scene to me.

1 Like

Uh, he’s been a roblox player since 2008 and he’s a sage…i think he knows what he’s talking about.

They technically do use human mods to punish the user in question appropriately, the only thing A.I does is moderate the image. A mod overlooks it and decides if the uploader deserves a punishment or not.

Also, your reply is pretty much just you mocking and treating the Sage like he’s 10 years old. It’s pretty rude.

12 Likes

This goes a bit deeper than saying there is/isn’t a bot. As the page you linked says, CheOsana, AI is indeed used for the moderation process.

Roblox uses AI to pre-screen content such as text, images, and audio but only human moderators will take action on accounts. Roblox employs a team of over 400 human moderators to review reports and take action on accounts.

Automation here would refer to processes such as checking a file’s hash. This would be the process where a file is put through an algorithm, and result in a string of characters. This string of characters can be compared with previous approved/denied assets to decide whether an asset should automatically be approved/denied, or moved onto a human as a “unique new image”. However, any change done to the file, such as a single pixel being different, will result in a completely different hash, which is one of the reasons why this sort of automation can’t be used to prevent stolen clothes from being re-uploaded by other users.

As for text, that would be Roblox’s chat filter. Since context is a key point in whether certain words are being used in a way which does or doesn’t break the rules, human moderators are still left as the final judge. After all, it’d be a bit silly for a bot to moderate you over a case where a typo results in your innocent message including an inappropriate word, something which would be filtered in-game and corrected by you upon seeing the #####'s over your typo’d word.

Lastly, for the cases where it seems odd that things are consistent, it’s the fact that bots aren’t used which causes this to happen. What one moderator might see as something you upload cutting it close, but still being acceptable, another may see as too inappropriate to take that risk. A moderator might make a mistake, see a use case which isn’t obvious from your end and not take the risk, or miss some context that only you know for your asset.

So while AI is used to handle cases where computers would perform leagues better, such as comparing tens of thousands of previously denied image hashes with your newly uploaded image, humans are still left with the jobs that AI can’t quite handle with today’s technology, and going through anything AI does happen to catch to make sure that there hasn’t been a false red flag.

10 Likes

@XxMystical_SecretsxX You said what he said nearly word for word, it was essentially a duplicate post.
That being said…
This ad violates the clickbait rule on ROBLOX, @Jackman13799.
Refer to: https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/203313410-Roblox-Community-Rules

“Clickbait” advertisements are not permitted. Advertisements such as “Click this 1000 times”, “Click to pick your Dominus” or ones that offer free Robux, Roblox virtual items, etc. or that otherwise falsely represent the content being advertised and solely exist to encourage a user to click on the ad to inflate ad clicks are not permitted.

“Before and after ads” fall into this category too.

What was the name of the ad while uploading it? That might have an impact.

1 Like

The ad.png lol (30 Characters)

1 Like

What about the area highlighted in the image?

I have no idea. I was not the one that uploaded it.

2 Likes

Issues

1. The Buff Body on the ROBLOXian could be indicated that it’s a human being through the A.I/anyone who looks over it.
  2. Buttons do tend to get banned as they’re usually used for scamming purposes.
  3. The realistic background, I’m skeptical but I do believe that could be a reason this image got banned.

ROBLOX MSG Meaning

So, I took the time to go to the Understanding Moderation Messages page to see if I could figure out what this message meant and as I expected, I did.

My View

I see nothing wrong with this image and I do not believe it should of been blocked. I would look more into depth of what the Moderation Messages mean, they could give you a resolve that I didn’t find.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve been getting some moderated images on Roblox for no reason as well. Some of them are just a backplate for UI that only has shapes no images or text. But maybe if I had to guess the word “Admin”. Honestly I’d say asking support but they were no help… I can give you the advice they gave me “Check our community terms”… Best of luck to you man!..

1 Like