Roblox mouse cursor moves weird in First-Person mode

I’ve never written a script for a mouse. I just edited the Mouse.Icon to show the crosshair. However, as shown in the following video, when shooting a gun from the first person, the mouse moves strangely to another place. Is there a way to lock the mouse in the middle in First-person mode? By the way, This happens in all roblox games.

26 Likes

This happens in all Roblox games to you? Try re-installing Roblox then.

6 Likes

I tried it, but it didn’t work.

2 Likes

This seems to be a problem when in low resolutions. In studio, Shift-lock doesn’t really work sometimes if the resolution is too small. This post might help you though.

1 Like

I tried with a high resolution monitor. 3840 x 2160

1 Like

This just started happening to me today in my game, Navy Simulator. We haven’t touched the relevant scripts in a month. Must be a new Roblox bug.

1 Like

I tried it on my laptop too, but it happens the same problem.

2 Likes

I started voting on my community, This seems to happen to almost everyone. The problem is serious.

9 Likes

Go to all textbuttons, image buttons, frames and turn the modal value to false, did it in my game and fixed it.

The Modal could not be found in Frame. And the modal of all the GUI buttons was already turned off. And I don’t use Button much in my game. And as a result of checking, this bug is not fixed despite the game without the Gui object

1 Like

This issue also occurs in Combat Warriors.

Hope it’s fixed ASAP.

1 Like

+1, this is an actual bug when entering first person.
Repro: Go in to first-person, click your mouse. The mouse icon will jump to somewhere else on your screen.

3 Likes

Here’s a video showing the bug:

(Look at the comments too)

8 Likes

Same exact bug is happening to me while testing my games as well. When I try to fire the gun in first person, the cursor shifts to another position which makes firing in first person almost impossible.
I do hope this gets fixed soon.

7 Likes

To fix this you have to set the scale to 100%

5 Likes

This would be fine on smaller monitors, but some people have a rather big display (for example, I have a 3840x2160 res display) which may make everything on the screen way too small and hard to read. Is there another fix for this or is this the only known way to fix the bug right now?

4 Likes

This is also happening to me.

setting windows scale to 100% does solve it but as mentioned above it makes everything tiny and i’m definitely not doing that.

9 Likes

Even if this is fixed, there will be many other inconveniences. I don’t think it’s the best solution. And you should know that this bug doesn’t happen in roblox studio. Roblox needs to fix it.

2 Likes

I agree with you, neither am I gonna set the Text Scale to 100%, Shrunken looks weird especially when you are trying to read and the shift lock cursor and the original cursor is smaller so there is a lot of downsides to this, that being said I think we should wait it out until ROBLOX finds a solution to the bug.

4 Likes

if you want it to be normal you can always change the resolution as well.