Roblox Native Linux Support

I enabled Hyper-V and everything works now.

Oh wow. I may have to try that. Are you on a dual GPU system?

Nope. It’s single GPU. I do have to run a custom script every time I boot into the VM which disables the access to the host video and puts the VM in full screen, almost like it’s actually installed on bare metal. FPS is also quite good considering its running in a VM. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTWf5D092VY ← This video was super helpful, explained everything clearly, and got the job done.

1 Like

I was planning on just using Looking Glass if I could get that to run well enough.

Well, blame the hackers… Roblox isn’t supported on Linux because of their anti-cheat. (That’s what I’ve heard. But there may be other reason(s) too.)
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/roblox-blocks-wine-now-what/2859488/22

I hope Roblox decides to support Linux in the near future. I am not a big fan of firing up a vm that sometimes crashes just to play Roblox.

4 Likes

Well, I tried this and I don’t like how every part of my GPU is in a different IOMMU group so when all is said and done I have like 10 different PCI things passed through to Windows 10, and I can only access it with VNC. Sometimes crashes my whole computer too. This is not ideal in the slightest.

I had the same issue. All I had to do is install nvidia drivers on the VM through VNC which solves the issue.

1 Like

The issue is when I have it recognize my GPU, sometimes my computer crashes and restarts. I think I will just stick with Waydroid for now.

Edit: I got it to work. I am now able to run Looking Glass with HyperV and all of my pci slots passed through.

Edit2: I just tried Roblox on the VM with passthrough and it was… To put plainly it was VERY laggy. Looking Glass even froze up at times.

2 Likes

I am surprised from edit2. Mine works fine, I don’t use any looking glass at all. Also make sure to use VirtIO or Bochs, those run quite well, unlike VGA.

It’s on Virtio. I am just worried that it didn’t capture all of the PCI required for running because it installed the drivers as Radeon Graphics rather than Radeon 7800 XT.

1 Like

Try setting the display driver to RamFB. It fixed the vm crashing after a few minutes, and fixed performance a tad.

1 Like

Somehow vinegar is working again…

2 Likes

Hmm. I tried it earlier but didn’t have any luck. I’ll give it another try though.

Edit: Got it through Vinegar after a little bit of digging around!

3 Likes

Ah nice. I wonder why it works now.

3 Likes

Well, as quickly as it worked it was quickly taken down too. Sadly.

1 Like

Roblox decided to start working on version-70a2467227df4077 yet again today

1 Like

That is so strange. I tried it yesterday and it said it was out of date.

Try now. I tried it 1 minute ago and it still works.

1 Like

This would explain why: (…)